YEAST BREADS Rising to the Occasion
- Characterization of thermotolerant, fermentive yeasts from hot spring drainage. Ueno, Ryohei; Urano, Naoto; Kimura, Shigeru // Fisheries Science;Feb2001, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p138
Investigates the characterization of thermotolerant, fermentative yeasts from hot spring drainage. Analysis of fermentation activities, growth characteristics and taxonomy; Accumulation of carbon dioxide gas; Viability of yeasts when exposed to elevated temperatures.
- Q&A. Zainasheff, Jamil; Palmer, John // Beer & Brewer;Autumn2012, Issue 20, Special section p6
The article provides an answer to the question on whether it is better to pitch more yeast to get fermentation of the homebrewing malt liquors to go more quickly.
- THE MAGIC WEISSE. Penrose, Colin // Beer & Brewer;Autumn2012, Issue 20, Special section p15
The article offers insights on the importance of yeast and Wheat Beer which stress on yeast and fermentation as the most crucial part of the brewing process.
- Finding yeast fast. Rees, Alistair // Dairy Industries International;Oct96, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p47
Describes a yeast detection system called ChemFlow3 introduced by Chemunex for fermented milk products using flow cytometry. Results of the ChemFlow3 protocol validation; Advantages of ChemFlow3 over other yeast detection methods.
- Sequence analysis of the Î±-galactosidase MEL gene governing the efficient production of ethanol from raffinose-rich molasses in the yeast Lachancea thermotolerans. Naoya Takakuwa; Masahiko Tamura; Masao Ohnishi; Yuji Oda // World Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology;Apr2007, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p587
AbstractÂ Â The yeastLachancea thermotolerans, formerlyKluyveromyces thermotolerans, was tested for the ethanol fermentation of raffinose-rich molasses. Two melibiose-fermenting strains, NBRC 10066 and NBRC 10067, produced more ethanol than eight other strains. The concentration of ethanol...
- Characterisation of a novel thermotolerant yeast, Kluyveromyces marxianus var marxianus: development of an ethanol fermentation process. Hack, C J; Marchant, R // Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology;Jun98, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p323
The fermentation characteristics of the novel, thermotolerant, isolate Kluyveromyces marxianus var marxianus were determined to evaluate its aptitude for use in an ethanol production process. Sustainable growth was not observed under anaerobic conditions, even in the presence of unsaturated...
- Beginning to Culture. Peragine, John // Complete Guide to Growing Your Own Hops, Malts & Brewing Herbs: ;2009, p182
The article offers step-by-step instructions for preparing a yeast culture for fermentation.
- Yeast Starter Ready for Pitching. Peragine, John // Complete Guide to Growing Your Own Hops, Malts & Brewing Herbs: ;2009, p190
The article offers step-by-step instructions for transferring cultured yeast to the Erlenmeyer flask for fermentation.
- Find a Colony by Streaking. Peragine, John // Complete Guide to Growing Your Own Hops, Malts & Brewing Herbs: ;2009, p193
The article offers step-by-step instructions for the streaking process in isolating cultured yeast colonies in home-brewing.