Segregation, harassment mark Palestinian life
- Take the Lead. Muasher, Marwan // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);7/28/2008 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 152 Issue 4, p19
The author reflects on approaches that Barack Obama, the 2008 Democratic U.S. presidential candidate, should take in resolving the Arab-Israeli conflict. He feels that the U.S. could resolve the conflict by reminding all the participants that it is in everybody's best interest to complete the...
- Heading toward apartheid in Israel. Hottelet, Richard C. // Christian Science Monitor;11/28/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p11
Suggests that the actions of Israel in its relations with Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza are reminiscent of apartheid.
- Week analogy. // New Jersey Jewish News;3/4/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p15
The author discusses the analogy of two Jewish columnists, Richard Cohen and Henry Siegman concerning apartheid label which demonstrate how a libelous analogy only stands in the way of resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Cairo Declaration to end Israeli Apartheid siege of Gaza. // Catholic New Times;1/18/2010, p10
The article presents a declaration approved by Gaza Freedom Marchers aimed to accelerate the global campaign for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) against Israeli Apartheid. Activists from 43 countries including Canada met in Cairo on their way to Gaza to join the Palestinians to break...
- Israel apologists defend the indefensible. Katsineris, Steven // Green Left Weekly;4/6/2011, Issue 875, p10
The author argues that pro-Israel commentators are hypocritical by their selective compassion and condemns Israel's apartheid practice towards the Palestinians.
- Israel's Apartheid. Dobbin, Murray // Catholic New Times;3/29/2010, p13
The author talks about the success of the Israeli Apartheid Week. One of the principal signs the author sees about the success of the campaign is the advent of counter-campaign by supporters of Israel. He then compares the system of separation of Arabs and Jews with the apartheid system in South...
- A suicide bomber...and reprisals. Whitelaw, Kevin; Toameh, Khaled Abu // U.S. News & World Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 17, p23
Reports on the cycle of violence in the Middle East when there is a terrorist attack by Palestinian militants, which is followed with a response by the Israeli military force. Effort of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat to denounce terrorism; Attempts by Israelis to prevent the end of...
- Close Quarters. Halevi, Yossi Klein // New Republic;8/28/2006, Vol. 235 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on Haifa (Israel), a city in which Jews and Arabs live harmoniously together. Although it experiences the tensions of any diverse city, Haifa also enjoys a population that can mix comfortably in restaurants and shops and celebrates its differences with the annual Festival of...
- Denial of Refugee Return: The Core Dimension of Israel's Apartheid. Jamjoum, Hazem // al-Majdal;Mar2012, Issue 48, p24
The article focuses on the move of Israel to deny the Palestinians' right to return to their country in law, policy, and practice. It notes that the Israeli apartheid regime in the Palestinian context has been impelled by the colonists' ideological need to cleanse the land of its indigenous...