Stimulus packages, PPPs could spearhead construction industry's recovery
- State & Local Stimulus. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;11/26/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33012, p1
The article reports that U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has promised to work closely with the state and local officials to craft his two-year, multibillion-dollar stimulus plan. His administration will focus also on providing funding for transportation and infrastructure projects that are...
- First PPP deal expected by summer. Marino, John // Caribbean Business;5/19/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the first Public Private Patrnership (PPP) concession deal to finance, operate, and develop toll roads in PR 2 and PR-5 in Puerto Rico. It says that the deadline for the final bids under the administration of Governor Luis FortuÃ±o will be on May 31, 2011 wherein he will...
- Tech leaders on right track with request to provide security information. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/22/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p8
The author reflects on a letter submitted by an alliance of 63 technology companies, investors, and nonprofit organizations to U.S. President Barack Obama and congressional leaders in July 2013, which calls for government disclosure of its digital communications monitoring program.
- Building a Smarter, More Efficient Government through "Pay for Success". Greenblatt, Jonathan // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p117
A blog post is presented about several steps taken by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama in 2013 to advance Pay for Success, an approach for the government to partner with philanthropic and private investors to fund proven and promising practices.
- Obama's trip to Puerto Rico a long time coming. Marino, John // Caribbean Business;6/9/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p20
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama was invited by Puerto Rican Governor Luis FortuÃ±o to realize an official visit to Puerto Rico.
- Enterprising women. Brody, Loren // Westchester County Business Journal;04/05/99, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on an entrepreneurial assistance program for women on welfare in Westchester County, New York. Public-private partnership of the Westchester Association of Women Business Owners, the Westchester County Association Inc., Westchester Community College and the state Division for...
- 'Village' Eyed To Aid Nevada. Ilia, Tony // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/17/2012, Vol. 269 Issue 8, p17
The article examines Union Village, a construction project for a mixed-use health care facility in Henderson, Nevada, focusing on the private-public financing of the project.
- COMMENT. Sleight, Chris // International Construction;Jun2015, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p3
\The article presents the author's views on increased focus of infrastructure market on the public private partnerships (PPPs), risk of financing in construction projects and investments in PPPs.
- Number of Permits Down 3.1% During First 10 Months of Fiscal 2005. Carmona, José L. // Caribbean Business;7/7/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p22
Reports on the survey of the Puerto Rico Planning Board indicating the decrease in the total number of construction permits issued by the Regulation & Permits Administration for the first 10 months of fiscal 2005. Decline in the total value of construction permits issued by the agency for the...