The Des Moines Register
- Untitled. Hanson, Jack // Quill;Sep93, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p8
Reports on newspaper The Des Moines Register's continued publication during a flood that hit Iowa's capital city. Loss of water, sanitary facilities and fire protection; Arrangement for the printing to be done by the Iowa Press-Citizen and The Wall Street Journal's printing plant in West Des...
- Iowa daily spends $51 million on plant, equipment. Rosenberg, Jim // Editor & Publisher;05/31/97, Vol. 130 Issue 22, p23
Reports on the `Des Moines Register' newspaper's plans to build a new plant in an industrial park in Des Moines, Iowa in time to celebrate its 150th anniversary. Scheduled start of construction; Press installation at the plant.
- A Pulitzer for vision. McCormick, J. // Newsweek;4/22/1991, Vol. 117 Issue 16, p69
Describes `The Des Moines Register,' which last week received its 15th Pulitzer Prize. The awards honor a tradition of provocative reporting on such subjects as filthy meat-packing plants, labor racketeers and the damage farming causes to the environment. Work of Geneva Overholser, the...
- The Des Moines Register. // Hill;12/4/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 141, p36
An excerpt from an editorial of the newspaper "The Des Moines Register" in the December 2, 2007 issue is presented.
- At the art of flood. Avis, Ed // Quill;Jun94, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p43
Details how staffers in the art department of `The Des Moines Register' got the informational graphics idea for the flood that occurred in the city in 1993. Art director Matt Chatterly's recollection of the incident; What is depicted in the graphic; Software used to create the graphic.
- Bracing for emergencies. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Personnel Journal;Apr94, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p74
Presents the strategies implemented by Sue Tempero, vice president of human resources for the Des Moines Register newspaper to continue operations after a disaster on July 11, 1993. Focus on human resource issues; Helping employees re-enter a normal work mode through newsletters; Crucial role...
- Editor's private life made public. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;10/14/95, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p9
Reports on `The Des Moines Register' newspaper's decision to publish a story that reveals personal details about the life of its former editor Geneva Overholser. Reasons given by `Register' news executives for publishing the story; Overholser's criticism of the move made by the newspaper.
- Producers Can Still Apply Manure to Beans. // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;10/18/2012, p3
The article discusses a report in an October 2012 issue of "Des Moines Register," about the Iowa Environmental Protection Commission's rule that allows producers to apply liquid manure to fertilize soybean ground.
- No pie Refused: A Public Radio taste of RAGBRAI. Horsley, Scott // Adventure Cyclist;Feb2014, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p18
The author presents a personal narrative of his experiences at the newspaper Des Moines Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI) in July 2013.