Reid gambling on $838B stimulus
- Senate Majority Leader Reid Tells IFA: Lending Help Coming. // Franchising World;Jun2009, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p31
The article reports on the announcement by U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) that a new small-business stimulus package will be released soon. International Franchise Association (IFA) President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Matthew Shay, has asked Senator Reid if he agreed...
- Reid calls for bipartisan participation at third clean-energy summit. Edwards, John G. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/9/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 32, pP12
No abstract available.
- Harry Reid's moment. Budowsky, Brent // Hill;12/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 131, p15
The author ponders on the political career of Senator Harry Reid.
- Resolutions. HENNESSY, MIKE // Campaigns & Elections (2010);Jan2011, Vol. 32 Issue 298, p7
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the advertisement plan that led to reelection of Nevada senator Harry Reid, another by Louis Jacobson on the new U.S. House of Representatives and their upcoming goals, and one by Daniel Weiss on the impact of...
- The greening of Harry Reid. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;05/11/98, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p4
Comments that Nevada's becoming an environmentalist state has favored Harry Reid in his successful campaign for the US Senate. Achievement from the creation of the Great Basin National Park; Opposition to the mining industry; Defense of collectivism in defense of the environment.
- Nevada foreclosures making housing personal for Reid. Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;4/1/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p4
The article reports on the impact of the housing crisis in Nevada on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
- Leaders see progress in budget talks. Berman, Russell; Hooper, Molly K. // Hill;4/7/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p1
The article offers updates on the 2011 spending deal issue in the U.S. wherein Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid revealed that there is an ongoing progress in the completion of the said budget agreement.
- Reid faces pressure from left on controversial Justice pick. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;10/30/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 128, p3
The article reports on the call of left-leaning groups, such as People for the American Way, National Council of La Raza and Feminist Majority, for U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to conduct a vote on Dawn Johnsen as head of the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel.
- REID DEFENDS NEVADA CAUCUS. R., M. // Hill;3/13/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's defense for the caucus that was held in Nevada in January 2008.