The Road to Recovery
- Fuzzy Math Produces Stimulus Jobs. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal (Central New York);11/13/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p24
In this article, the author discusses the accuracy of the 640,329 jobs statistics which U.S. President Barack Obama claims his administration creates through the 787 billion dollars stimulus plan. The author argues that the Obama administration is not using fuzzy mathematics to create the...
- Progressives' sound of silence. Young, John // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/3/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p3A
In this article the author discusses aspects of the stimulus act of 2009 by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama during the global financial crisis and the stand of progressive politicians regarding the bill.
- Readers disappointed in Obama's latest jobs plan. // njbiz;9/19/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p15
The article discusses the results of a survey conducted on "NJBIZ" subscribers which show that an overwhelming majority are dissatisfied with U.S. President Barack Obama's job stimulus plans.
- Claiming Political Credit. Penza, Logan // Moderate Voice;8/17/2010, p7
The article offers the author's insight on the order of the White House to label all projects funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act with a sign that will credit U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Nearly 40 Percent of Stimulus Paid Out. Flavelle, Christopher // Pro Publica;2/28/2010, p3
The article reports that the stimulus worth 309 billion dollars out of 800 billion dollar has been paid by the U.S. President Barack Obama administration in the U.S.
- Managing the Economic Crisis. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;8/30/2012, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p15B
The article offers information on the efforts of U.S. President Barack Obama to handle economic crisis including the launch of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, his appointment to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and prohibiting federal contractors from using government funds.
- Society Tax Practitioners Sift Through Stimulus Package. Gaetano, Chris // Trusted Professional;3/15/2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the myriad tax provisions contained in U.S. President Barack Obama's stimulus package in a variety of sectors.
- The Jobs Crisis: How to Solve It and Begin to Fix Our Broken Economy. GOLDBERG, GERTRUDE SCHAFFNER; ROSENTHAL, MARGUERITE G. // New Politics;Winter2011, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p60
The article examines methods of addressing unemployment and invigorating the economy within the U.S. Statistics associated with the escalation of the unemployment rate following the recession of 2008 are analyzed, and it is attested that joblessness impedes economic recovery. The author...
- Naï:ve Statistics. STALEY, SAMUEL R. // National Review;11/2/2009, Vol. 61 Issue 20, p28
The article focuses on the administration for U.S. President Barack Obama's use of economic forecasting statistics to promote its political agenda. The author states that beginning with a report by Christina Romer, chairwoman of the President's Council of Economic Advisers, and Jared Bernstein,...