'Enough is enough': the HIV/AIDS epidemic among black Americans
- AIDS crisis among blacks tied to mistrust of doctors. // Christian Century;07/19/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 21, p749
Deals with the role of mistrust of white doctors in the AIDS crisis among Afro-Americans. Impact of the Tuskegee Syphilis Study of the United States government on the trust given by Afro-Americans to white medical professionals; Spread of the AIDS disease among Afro-Americans; How the clergy...
- AIDS IN BLACK AMERICA. Price, John // New York Amsterdam News;6/28/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 26, p1
Reports the AIDS epidemic of Afro-American community in New York. Description of AIDS; Identification of AIDS as the leading cause of death for African-Americans between 25-44 years of age; Statistics of African-Americans affected with AIDS virus.
- AIDS is the leading cause of death for black women. Monroe, Irene // Bay Windows;12/3/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p1
The article informs that AIDS is the leading cause of death among African Americans.
- Take action and make no apologies. Fraser-Howze, Debra // New York Amsterdam News;06/08/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 23, p20
Focuses on the Afro-American community's response to AIDS epidemic. Reasons behind the slow response of Afro-Americans to the disease; Incidence of AIDS among Afro-Americans; Risk of AIDS among Afro-Americans.
- AIDS still thought of as a gay disease in black America. Monroe, Irene // Bay Windows;12/2/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p8
The article reports that more than 230,000 African Americans have died of AIDS till now, however the disease is still thought of as a gay disease among the black U.S. citizens.
- NYC responds to AIDS among African-Americans in recognition of National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day. // New York Amsterdam News;1/31/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p16
Reports that Afro-American leaders and organizations of New York City will respond to the impact of HIV and AIDS among Afro-American communities in observance of National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NBHAAD) on February 7, 2003. Estimate of the number of people living with AIDS in New York...
- CDC promotes plan to improve HIV testing and prevention among African Americans. // AIDS Alert;Jun2007, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p61
This is the first part in a series about the HIV/AIDS epidemic among African Americans and how the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, researchers, and others are addressing the problem. The cover story is about the CDC's new initiative aimed at reducing HIV infection among African...
- Africa: A matter of life and debt. Price, John // New York Amsterdam News;8/9/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the prevalence of AIDS among blacks throughout Africa and Afro-Americans. Mortality rates of blacks throughout the African diaspora from AIDS; Epicenters of the AIDS epidemic; Comparison of the number of deaths from AIDS with those resulting from war.
- THE SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT THE AIDS EPIDEMIC IN BLACK AMERICA. Whitaker, Charles // Ebony;Jun2001, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p134
Focuses on the spread of the HIV and AIDS epidemic among African Americans in the United States. Statistics on HIV- and AIDS-related cases; Factors contributing to the epidemic; Initiatives to develop programs and activities that address the impact of AIDS; Call for discussions about sexuality...