The devil is in the unknown details
- Obama bailout program takes shape. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;2/26/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p14
The article discusses the core elements included in U.S. President Barack Obama's bailout program which is supported by the Treasury. One element is a new Capital Assistance Program to help ensure U.S. banking institutions have sufficient capital to resist the challenges ahead. Also included are...
- Don't Mess With Texans' Hard-Earned Success. Cornyn, John // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);11/29/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p2
The author argues against a statement made by U.S. President Barack Obama on the government assistance behind the success of businessmen in Texas.
- Searching stimulus for a boost. Bindrim, Kira // Crain's New York Business;4/13/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p11
The article focuses on the stimulus package announced by U.S. President Barack Obama, and its effects on the small and medium businesses. The stimulus was expected to unclog the credit flow for them, but owners criticize the percentage of allocation of funds and the assumption of he government...
- Obama's 'Economic Stimulus' isn t working. Pauken, Tom // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/8/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 36, p6A
In this article, the author discusses aspects of the economic stimulus by U.S. President Barack Obama.
- THE URBAN AGENDA. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;9/16/2010, Vol. 100 Issue 38, p5
The article discusses the aspects of the stimulus package presented by U.S. President Barack Obama including the 50 billion dollars for government infrastructure and job creation.
- Lessons from the War on Poverty. WESTERHAUS-RENFROW, Charlotte // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/3/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p5C
The author reflects on the need for U.S. President Barack Obama to bring back the War on Poverty programs in his second term as president to address the increasing African-American poverty in the country, especially in Indiana.
- ASK JUDGE MATHIS. Mathis, Greg // Tennessee Tribune;9/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p4A
In this article, the author discusses the relevance of the anti-poverty programs implemented by President Barack Obama's administration in the U.S. during the global financial recession.
- Obama woos GOP sens. one at a time. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;2/4/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the favor asked by President Barack Obama to Republican senators to support the economic stimulus package in line with his economic recovery plan in the U.S.
- Why President Obama is failing. Palley, Thomas I. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;12/16/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 20, p2
The article focuses on the ineffectiveness of U.S. President Barack Obama's economic policy due to the repetition of the 1990s paradigm in the U.S.