Chamber: Put more tax breaks in stimulus
- Obama's Big-Business Blues. Crowley, Michael // Time;8/16/2010, Vol. 176 Issue 7, p14
The article examines political activity by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in opposition to President Barack Obama.
- Obama, Chamber exchange letters, make up--for now. Snyder, Jim // Hill;2/3/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and U.S. President Barack Obama to exchange letters which call for areas of agreements to solve the problems in the country.
- Report card. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;10/15/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 41, p3
The article presents a comment by national pollster John Zogby for the 92nd week of the presidency of Barack Obama, praising his attack on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce but saying that he is still not connecting with voters.
- Obama's Chamber Smear Is Business As Usual. Limbaugh, David // Human Events;10/18/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 36, p10
The author discusses the allegation of U.S. President Barack Obama that the Chamber of Commerce is laundering the donations of international corporations.
- Obama Orders Agencies To Boost Federal Building Efficiency. // Energy Daily;12/5/2011, Issue 231, p4
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama directed federal agencies to boost the use of incentive-based energy efficiency contacting to reduce energy usage in government buildings. It mentions that the directive drew praise from U.S. industry groups including the U.S. Chamber of...
- 6-point plan. // American Cranes & Transport;Dec2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p51
The article offers information on the jobs plan proposed by U.S. Chamber of Commerce President and chief executive officer (CEO) Thomas J. Donohue. It mentions that the proposed jobs plan could create 25 million jobs for unemployed and underemployed individuals in the country. Moreover, the...
- Remarks to the United States Chamber of Commerce. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/7/2011, p1
The article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President Barack Obama delivered before the U.S. Chamber of Commerce on February 7, 2011. He mentioned that he has sought advice from the chamber as the country was struggling with the recession. He stated that the chamber and the American...
- Congratulations, Mr. President-Elect; America is ready to move forward. Donohue, Thomas J. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/14/2008, Issue 323944, p34
The author reflects on the support to be given by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to the newly elected president Barack Obama as president in the U.S. According to the author, the Chamber of Commerce stands ready to work with President-elect Obama and his administration to spur a return to...
- Chamber Of Commerce Remains Opposed To Cyber Order But Industry Reaction Mixed. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;2/13/2013, Vol. 257 Issue 30, p2
The article reports on the opposition of the U.S. States Chamber of Commerce (COC) to a cyber security directive that will create voluntary standards that can be employed by the private sector. According to COC's vice president, Ann Beauchesne, the chamber urges U.S. President Barack Obama's...