Welding On Arctic Pipeline Challenges Construction Crews
- More excitement in the "West.". // Ausmarine;Jan2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p5
The author discusses several events in Western Australia which includes the successful gas deposit drill in the Greater Gorgon project of Chevron Corporation, the billion dollar project for West Australian coast, and the Ausmarine 2010, the West Australian Maritime Industry Exhibition and...
- Damaged natural gas platform finally operational. Tilley, Kate // Business Insurance;3/13/95, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p19
Reports that the offshore natural gas drilling and production platform of the Perth-based North-West Shelf Gas Project in Australia has started producing gas after a 16-month delay.
- Middle East. George, Dev // Offshore;Sep95, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p10
Reports on developments in gas drilling in the Middle East. Azerbaijan's Pennzoil and Ramco's completion of its gas utilization project in the Caspian Sea; Cancellation of Oman's pipeline to India project.
- China confirms record wells in several areas. Tang, Peter // Offshore;Sep95, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the confirmation from the Chinese Ministry of Geology of gas wells in undisclosed sites in the East China Sea. Completion of the well in late June 1995; High record of flow rate; Increase of the involvement of foreign companies in the country.
- Intensive CO2 disposal program limits emissions from Sleipner West. // Offshore;Aug96, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p38
Reports on an intensive carbon dioxide (CO2) disposal program being implemented at the Sleipner West offshore gas operation in Norway. Total gas reserves at the site; CO2 content of the gas; Process by which CO2 is removed from the gas to meet sales specifications; Other options for disposing...
- Reprieve for Gulf Islands. Katherine Heinrich, M. // National Parks;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 71 Issue 3/4, p25
States that the Mississippi Commission on Environmental Quality (MCEQ) agreed in January 1997 to delay action plan for natural gas drilling near Gulf Islands National Seashore. Citizens opposition about the plan; Threats cited by the citizens associated with offshore drilling; MCEQ's...
- Opposition to gas drilling in Catskills growing. Keegan, Theresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/4/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the growing number of people who oppose the natural gas drilling in the Catskill Watershed in New York.
- Gas discoveries transform long-term planning. // Offshore;Feb95, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on gas development projects in Vietnam. Gas discoveries in the Nam Con Son Basin in 1994; Gas production in Bach Ho oil field; Lack of a state corporation in Vietnam dedicated to planning gas infrastructure.
- Gov.: Defer to states in gas drilling. Geman, Ben // Hill;4/17/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p17
The article reports Wyoming's Republican governor is urging the Interior Department to defer to state regulation of natural gas fracking.