Dems plan hearing on economic stimulus
- Priorities and Midterms (Guest Voice). Goodloe, David // Moderate Voice;12/11/2009, p16
In this article, the author comments on the impact of the joblessness and slow economic growth on White House and Congress' grandiose plans for 2010 midterm election in the U.S. The author notes that President Barack Obama and the Democrats are afraid that these issues would subvert their plans...
- Please, can we govern now? DIONNE, JR., E. J. // Moderate Voice;10/17/2013, p8
In this article, the author suggests what U.S. President Barack Obama should do to govern the entire nation after the 16-day government shutdown. He informs that Obama should capitalize on the victory that he got on the shutdown and must bring agendas before Congress that are beneficial for...
- Congress Must Act on Obama's Recovery Plan. Jackson, Jesse // Progressive Populist;3/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
The author reflects on the economic recovery plans of the U.S. President Barack Obama's administration. He notes that the economic situation in the country is getting worse as millions of families are facing foreclosures and 2.8 million jobs were lost in 2008. He states that fast action by the...
- LOCKING IN GAINS. Martin, Cornel // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/30/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p22
The article deals with the stimulus fund allotted by U.S. President Barack Obama for inland waterways infrastructure modernization. In the fiscal 2009 budget request of the Obama administration, it asked the U.S. Congress to partially fund 14 inland waterways system lock-and-dam modernization...
- TPP Trade Talks Near Finish? Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/28/2015, pA01
8 Negotiations on the 11-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership resume Tue. with hopes for a deal this week. Talks may speed up now that Congress has given Pres. Obama fast-track authority, which means that Congress will vote up or down on trade pacts. TPP would boost economic growth, but countries...
- The Charlotte Observer. // Hill;2/12/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p22
The article focuses on the need to develop an effective economic stimulus bill under the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Obama says a 'new Mexico' is emerging. // Hill;5/6/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p12
The article reports on the statement of the U.S. President Barack Obama that he views an emerging new Mexico with a deepening democracy and growing economy, and that Mexico and the U.S. must be considered as equal partners.
- 'We are you and you are us'. // New Jersey Jewish News;3/28/2013, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p14
The author discusses the accomplishments of the two-day visit of U.S. President Barack Obama in Israel which involves the shared commitment between the two countries focusing on economic growth advancement.
- Bold, swift partner in Oval Office. Pelosi, Nancy // Hill;4/29/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p1
The article reports on the commitment of U.S. President Barack Obama over the future of the economy in the U.S.