- Alison Weir Discusses Attack on the USS Liberty. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Nov2002, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p96
Discusses the attack of Israel on the USS Liberty electronics intelligence ship during the luncheon briefing in Palestine. Fatalities during the attack; Concerns on the reasons for attacking the vessel; Publicity of the event.
- Outlaws of the sea. // Current Events;12/10/99, Vol. 99 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on pirate attacks in the South China Sea. Involvement of the International Marine Bureau (IMB) in fighting piracy; Statistics on world piracy in 1999; Inhumane acts of the outlaws done on victims; Weapons used by pirates; List of pirate attacks; Difficulty in fighting piracy.
- Mavi Marmara witnesses speak. McIlroy, Jim // Green Left Weekly;9/29/2010, Issue 854, p8
The article describes the attacks of Israeli on the Australian activists who were on board on the Mavi Marmara ship sailing in international waters to deliver the much needed aid in Gaza.
- Fighting back. Mehta, Manik // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/16/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p16
The article focuses on the efforts by some countries to prevent pirate attacks on shipping in the area of Strait of Malacca. The strait, which handles approximately 50,000 ships a year, is said to be ideal for piracy because of its location, narrow channels, shallow reefs and small islands, with...
- Ship hijackings on the rise in Southeast Asia's waters. // Asia Insurance Review;Nov2014, p26
The article informs that a report published in Bloomberg states that ship hijacking are on the rise in Southeast Asia waters despite continuous efforts to address the problem.
- `Operation Lifeline' staff seized in Sudan. // United Nations Chronicle;Sep94, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p78
Discusses a statement by Secretary General Boutros Boutros-Ghali on June 10, 1994 which condemned the hijacking and seizure of the UN staff of `Operation Lifeline Sudan' who had been held prisoner when their barge was hijacked in Jonglei. Passengers who were on board the vessel; Their release.
- Caprichos. Fisher, Ed // Antioch Review;Fall97, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p450
Features a collection of cartoons.
- Life at McPherson high. McPherson, John // Campus Life;Jan1996, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p20
Presents a cartoon column about lunchtime at McPherson High.
- Environ-Man confronts Chema-Cal. // Flower & Garden;Sep91, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p56
Presents a cartoon strip depicting Environ-Man's confrontation with Chema-Cal, a mad-scientist type who wants to use chemicals to kill pests in his garden. Lists some guidelines for good gardening practices that prevent recurring pest problems.Also explains how to safely use garden chemicals.