Improve Your Health The Vegetarian Way
- veg out the right way! // Seventeen;Nov2008, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p69
The article discusses the health benefits of a vegetable diet and provides meal suggestions for vegetarians. Vegetarians can sometimes overdo it on pasta, since it's easy to cook and tastes good. Add veggies to get some fiber, plus protein to keep you strong. Cheese is a great source of protein,...
- THOMAS TRYON'S A BILL OF FARE OF SEVENTY FIVE NOBLE DISHES. O'Connell, Anne // Petits Propos Culinaires;Dec2003, Issue 74, p45
Features the vegetarian recipe book "A Bill of Fare of Seventy Five Noble Dishes," written by the 17th century author Thomas Tyron. Efforts of Tyron to promote good health through a vegetarian diet; Other issues addressed by Tyron; Examples of rules on health and diet listed in the book.
- Variety of Vegetable Soups: Convenient, Nutritious...Salty. Schepers, Anastasia // Environmental Nutrition;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p5
The article discusses the role of vegetable soup in one's health. It says that vegetable soup fills an important nutrition void by contributing as much as a serving of often neglected vegetables. It also says that most vegetable soups offer more fiber and less saturated fat than beef or...
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Vegetarian Lifestyle. Rifkin, Mark // Vegetarian Journal;2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p27
The article offers tips for vegetarians dedicated at improving their lifestyles and health conditions. Although consuming a vegetarian diet reduces the risk for several chronic diseases, it can also develop some of the same poor dietary and lifestyle habits. Reducing one's sodium intake is good...
- EXCLUSIVE: Study proves benefits of going veg. // Vegetarian Times;Dec2003, Issue 316, p14
Discusses the findings of a study conducted by Gary Null, author and Pacifica Radio talk show host, and his colleagues, which examined the health benefits of a vegetarian diet. Other significant findings of the study; Components of the vegetarian diet regimen.
- Are You a Smart Consumer? Get the Skinny on Serving Sizes. Blaney, Beth // Arthritis Today;May/Jun2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p50
Suggests visualization technique to compare the proper amount or size of foods which arthritis patients should keep in mind when dining out. Food groups; Serving sizes.
- KID-FRIENDLY CHICKENLESS NUGGETS. // All Animals;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p36
A recipe for child-friendly chickenless nuggets is presented.
- The well-balanced meal. Cheney, Susan Jane // Vegetarian Times;Mar94, Issue 199, p96
Gives advice in putting together a balanced vegetarian diet. Sources of carbohydrates; Protein from vegetables; Substitutes for fat; Calcium from non-dairy foods; Non-animal sources of iron; Plant sources of B12; Recipes.
- Should kids be vegetarians? Gallia, Katherine; Althoff, Susanne // Natural Health;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the issue of whether children should be given vegetarian diets. Fiber in vegetarian dishes as leading to deficiencies in nutrients such as vitamin B; Need for parents to plan and prepare nutritionally complete plant-based meals.