- Climate Change: What We Can Do. Jennings, Lane // Futurist;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p68
Provides solutions to prevent global warming. Effects of global warming; Contributions of individuals to the effort; Role of community organizations; Methods businesses can use to help prevent global warming.
- Cash deal is vital for climate agreement, poor countries say. Vidal, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;12/4/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7784, p1181
The article stresses the importance of funding for future agreement about combating global climate change.
- Never the Twain. McElroy, Wendy // Liberty (08941408);Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p22
The author expresses her views on the crusade against global warming.
- Climate frustration. // New Scientist;11/23/2013, Vol. 220 Issue 2944, p4
The article reports on the weakening of the fight against climate change, which was seen in late 2013 after Japan decided to lower its 2020 target for emissions and the failure of a meeting in Warsaw, Poland to address on how to best cut emissions from the agricultural sector.
- CITIES SHOW THE WAY ON CLIMATE ACTION. Suzuki, David // ReNew Canada;Jan/Feb2015, p5
The article reports on the actions taken by several Canadian cities to prevent global warming including Calgary, Alberta, Guelph, Ontario and Vancouver, British Columbia. The findings of the National Measures Report released by the Partners for Climate Protection, a network of municipal...
- GETTING ALL OUR LEMMINGS IN A ROW. Montague, Peter // Rachel's Democracy & Health News;7/3/2008, Issue 966, p1
The article reports that members of the Group of Eight (G8), the world's eight richest countries, are going to meet in Hokkaido, Japan to finalize their plan to make all the world's children aware about the carbon dioxide (CO2) problem. It states that G8 is an exclusive club that includes...
- Rebuilding America. Lashinsky, Adam; Schlosser, Julie; Woody, Todd // Fortune International (Europe);5/25/2009, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p23
The article discusses low-tech ways in which U.S. President Barack Obama plans on taking to help stop global warming. The amount of money that the Obama administration has allocated to making windows in the U.S. more efficient is mentioned. The impact that inefficient windows can have on global...
- Rebuilding America. Lashinsky, Adam; Schlosser, Julie; Woody, Todd // Fortune;5/25/2009, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p26
The article discusses low-tech steps which U.S. President Barack Obama plans on taking to help stop global warming. The amount of money that the Obama administration has allocated to making windows in the U.S. more efficient is mentioned. The impact that inefficient windows can have on global...
- WE CANNOT LOSE OUR GREEN AND OUR BLUE. Maia, Cesar // UN Chronicle;
The article focuses on the effort of the government of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to address the environmental issues facing the city, particularly global warming and climate change. Among the city government's initiative are reforestation and promotion of bicycle as an alternative means of...