Through a Lens, Darkly
- Watching the Weather. Ruscoe, Michael // Know Your World Extra;12/13/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p12
Offers information on global warming. Signs of global warming; Effects of global warming; Steps to slow global warming.
- Global warming Hulme, Mike // Progress in Physical Geography;Mar1993, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p81
No abstract available.
- Global Climate Chang: Predictions and Observations. Rosenzweig, Cynthia // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec89, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p1265
Examines the projections of climate changes as simulated by global climate models. Increases in trace gases and global surface temperature; Discussion of the links among the predictions and observations concerning global climate change; Nature and dynamics of global climate change; Response of...
- Global warming and scientific consensus. Rougemont, C.De // Australia & World Affairs;Spring95, Issue 26, p39
Discusses various global warming and climatic change issues addressed by scientists during the Abrupt Climatic Change meeting in France in 1985. Evidence of abrupt climatic change since the end of the Ice Age; Concerns regarding mathematical models used to predict climates; Human contributions...
- Climate-change risks call for vigilance. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;7/15/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p17
Focuses on the need if local authority risk managers to be aware of the hazards accompanied with the global climate change. Concern over the increased flooding stemming from climate change; Result of global warming on rainy seasons; Possibility of dam breaks.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Bahamas Country Review;2009, p105
The article provides an overview on the global environmental condition in 2009 in countries worldwide, including Africa, Asia and the Pacific and Central Asia.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Bahamas Country Review;2009, p116
The article provides an overview on the global environmental concepts in 2009 in countries worldwide, with details on the greenhouse effect, the relationship between global warming and greenhouse gases and international policy development regarding global warming.
- KEEP COOL. Williams, Sue // UNESCO Sources;Dec2000, Issue 129, p3
Editorial. Discusses the urgency of the global warming phenomena. Efforts of the scientific community in determining the extent to which human activity is responsible for such environmental phenomena; Predicted rise in the global temperature in the 21st century; Possible role of the United...
- Climate change article provokes strong response. Laws, Forrest // Western Farm Press;8/15/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p4
The article reviews the article "Climate change is not an aberration" which appeared in the periodical "Western Farm Press" on July 18, 2009.