The TROUBLE With BULLIES
- Meet the New Sheriff. McCabe, Suzanne // Junior Scholastic;3/19/2012, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses bullying in schools and informs that new anti-bullying legislation has recently come into effect in New Jersey and Massachusetts and 48 states now have anti-bullying statutes in U.S.
- Cyberbullying: Boys vs. Girls. // Weekly Reader News Edition 4-6;9/2/2011, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p8
A quiz about cyberbullying in U.S. schools is presented.
- BULLYING OUTRAGE. // People;3/15/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p8
The article presents responses from readers reacting to a an article in a previous issue about Phoebe Prince, a 15-year-old Irish immigrant who committed suicide after being bullied at a high school in South Hadley, Massachusetts.
- Cyberbullying. // State Legislatures;Jun2007, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p13
The article focuses on the introduction of state laws in several U.S. states which aim to curtail cyberbullying. Four states have passed cyberbullying legislation--Arkansas, Iowa, Idaho and South Carolina. Idaho's legislation covers the gamut of cyberbullying tactics including land lines, mobile...
- School Bullying and Victimization. Moon, Byongook; McCluskey, John; Schreck, Christopher // Journal of Criminology;2013, Vol. 2013, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including school bullying, cyberbullying and bullying prevention.
- Tales of Bullying. Modigliani, Laura // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;1/9/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 13, p4
The article focuses on the involvement of former school bullies in antibullying efforts in the U.S. Eight-grader Isabella Petrini at Cloonan Middle School in Connecticut formed an antibullying group to raise awareness of the problem. It states that cyberbullying is on the rise because when...
- New technology can increase bullying in schools. Zah, Erny // Navajo Times;1/27/2011, Vol. 50 Issue 4, pA1
Information about topics discussed at the Chinle Junior High School's Save Our Students mini-conference held at Chinle Community Center in Arizona on January 21, 2011 is presented, which include the prevalence of bullying in schools, cyberbullying, and the increasing occurrence of bullying via...
- COMBATING CYBERBULLYING WITHIN THE METES AND BOUNDS OF EXISTING SUPREME COURT PRECEDENT. McHenry, Amanda // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Fall2011, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p231
The article offers information on raising concerns of cyber bullying in schools in the U.S. It informs that the Center for Safe and Responsible Use of the Internet defines cyber bullying being cruel to others by sending or posting harmful material using the Internet or other digital...
- Current Evidence of Best Practice in Whole-School Bullying Intervention and Its Potential to Inform Cyberbullying Interventions. Pearce, Natasha; Cross, Donna; Monks, Helen; Waters, Stacey; Falconer, Sarah // Australian Journal of Guidance & Counselling;Jun2011, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
In 2004, a set of validated guidelines for school bullying prevention and management was released by the Child Health Promotion Research Centre in Australia to guide schools' action to prevent and manage bullying behaviours. At this time little was known about cyber and other forms of covert...