Candidates want free time
- Politicians soak NY. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;03/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p1
Reports the donation of soft money to local political candidates by businessmen, labor unions and major political contributors in New York. Amount raised by city candidates; Increase in the number of request for contributions; Reasons of donors for not taking side; Importance of campaign...
- A snapshot of campaign funding in New York City. // Crain's New York Business;03/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p43
Presents the four Democratic mayoral candidates in New York, New York. Contributors to campaign funds; Role of the real estate sector in funding local candidates; Comparison of the 1997 and 2001 campaign finance program; Top mayoral bundlers.
- True Campaign-Finance Reform. Benoit, William L. // Insight on the News;12/11/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p46
Discusses the relationship between political candidates and donors of campaign fund. How political candidates will reward their campaign fund donors; Method by which campaign fund donors can be identified anonymously.
- Assessing the Impact of Campaign Spending in Governors' Races. Partin, Randall W. // Political Research Quarterly;Mar2002, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p213
Evaluates the influence of candidate expenditures on gubernatorial election outcomes. Influence of gubernatorial contestants the outcomes of races; Identification of candidate expenditures; Assessment of the possible endogeneity of candidate spending.
- Republicans, Dems are in it for money, power and prestige. Crane, Ed // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/23/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p49A
Supports the proposal to repeal the limit on electioneering contributions to political candidates in the United States. Criticism of the U.S. political system; Need of the country to have competitive political races; Influence of electioneering spending and contribution limits on the stifling...
- PRO-ISRAEL PAC CONTRIBUTIONS TO 2002 CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATES. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Nov2002, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p27
Presents a chart information on the pro-Israel PAC contributions to the 2002 congressional candidates in the U.S. Total amount of Pro-Israel money received; Party affiliations; Special election committees.
- THE MONEY TRAIN. Carney, Eliza Newlin // National Journal;5/06/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p1424
Focuses on the increase in the number and size of political contributions and campaign funds in the United States (US) 2000 elections. Growth of soft or unregulated political money; Implications of campaign fund raising on US House and Senate candidates; Criticisms from campaign finance reform...
- OREGON. A. B. // Hill;5/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 54, p20
The article reports on the political scenario in Oregon as well as the campaign fundings of several political candidates in the area for the November 2008 U.S. elections.
- ALABAMA. Blake, Aaron // Hill;7/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 78, p19
The article reports on the amount of campaign funds generated by four Alabama Republican candidates, including Representatives Harri Anne Smith, Cheryl Baswell Guthrie, and Wayne Parker.