Children and Spiritual Reading
- RELIGIOUS EDUCATION THE SCHOOLS. SULLIVAN, RUSSELL N. // Law & Contemporary Problems;Winter1949, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p92
The article offers information on the relationship of the church and religion with public schools and education in the U.S. It offers information on the purpose of weekdays church schools, by the Vermont Council of Churches. It mentions that the weekday religious programs in schools were started...
- Islamic Religious Education in the Netherlands. SHADID, WASIF A.; SJOERD VAN KONINGSVELD, PIETER // European Education;Summer2006, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p76
The article focuses on Islamic primary school education in the Netherlands. Muslim school children represent a growing group in Dutch schools. The article discusses a variety of educational options for Muslim children. Many parents of Muslim children opt to send their children to private...
- Rule' Elementary excel at reading. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);6/14/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on Rule Elementary students' participation in the Accelerated Readers program in Texas.
- Foster Grandparent reading program. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/10/97 Supplement Philanthropic, Vol. 44 Issue 45, p38PA
Discloses the launch of a recruitment drive for the Foster Grandparent Family Literacy Program for schoolchildren in Huntington, New York. Initiative by Town Supervisor Frank P. Perone to bring senior citizen volunteers together with youngsters in reading program; Program objectives.
- Literary leaps. Kelly, Elizabeth; Fallows, Carol // Australia's Parents;Jun/Jul98, Issue 105, p62
Presents information on the `Making Up Time Lost in Literacy' literacy program in Australia, which is geared towards primary school students. Features of the program; Success of the program.
- FSE students reach reading goal, enjoy sweet treats. // Wilson County News;6/11/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p1E
Several photographs are presented depicting the Floresville South Elementary school students during the Reading Millions program in Texas.
- Weekday Religious Education. Shaver, Erwin L. // Education;Feb1951, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p365
The article presents information on the weekday religious education program instituted by churches in the U.S. as of February 1951. Weekday religious education, or the weekday church school, has been popularly described by such terms as teaching the Bible in the schools, religion in the schools,...
- Editorial: Endings and New Beginnings. Smith, David I.; Cooling, Trevor // Journal of Education & Christian Belief;2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p141
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Christianity, religious education, and Christian schools.
- Spectrum/JECB: Reflections of a Student/Teacher/Editor. Shortt, John // Journal of Education & Christian Belief;2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p145
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a student, teacher, and editor dealing on topics including Christianity, Christian schools, and religious education.