Agent indifference hits carbon-offset schemes
- Sunvil urges action on carbon offsetting. // Travel Weekly (UK);1/26/2007, p19
This article states that Sunvil Holidays managing director Noel Josephides has urged travel agents to back the operators' carbon offsetting scheme. Josephides, who admitted he has problems convincing his own staff to ask customers to take part, said the industry must address the issue of carbon...
- Operator looks to Brazil fam. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;5/24/2004, Issue 1719, p28
Sunvil Holidays is proposing a joint marketing initiative with the northeast states of Brazil to get more agents visiting the country. Managing director Noel Josephides said business was doubling to the regions and there was room to be more proactive about promoting products to agents. Sunvil...
- 'End of brochures will mean death of agents'. Thomas, Sarah // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;10/20/2003, Issue 1690, p4
Speaking at a Chartered Institute of Marketing Travel Industry Group debate â€” Brochures versus Electronic Distribution â€” Sunvil Holidays managing director Noel Josephides said he expected brochures to remain "until we run out of trees". "The disappearance of brochures would mean...
- Sunvil adds beach breaks in Albania. Robertson, Edward // Travel Weekly (UK);7/20/2007, p11
The article reports that Sunvil Holidays will introduce a programme of Albanian beach holidays for summer 2008 as it expands its destination portfolio. Managing director Noel Josephides said staff are negotiating contracts for the programme, which looks set to feature three properties at launch...
- Sunvil targets 25% growth for Azores programme. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;10/28/2005, Issue 1793, p29
This article reports that Sunvil Holidays is aiming for 25 percent growth in its Azores programme next summer. Managing director Noel Josephides stated that much of this would be achieved through a 50 percent growth in capacity on weekly direct flights departing from Gatwick for the Azores. It...
- "QUOTE OF THE WEEK". // Travel Weekly (UK);7/10/2009, p4
The article presents a quote made by Noel Josephides, board member of ABTA Ltd., on the British Office of Fair Trading dealings with Ryanair Holdings PLC.
- Josephides regrets that Abta isn't going global after members' vote. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;12/3/2015, p04
The article reports on the argument of chairman Noel Josephides of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) regarding the failure of its members to make the association into a global brand.
- JOSEPHIDES: I'M NO JIHADIST FOR TRADITIONAL TOUR OPERATING. TAYLOR, IAN // Travel Weekly (UK);7/4/2013, Issue 2175, p72
The article focuses on Noel Josephides, the newly elected chairman of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), who dispels the allegations from the online travel sector that he irresponsible and divisive.
- 4 Abta chairman says lack of regulation in peer-to-peer travel sector is 'major issue'. Hayhurst, Lee; Huxley, Lucy // Travel Weekly (UK);9/25/2014, Issue 2238, p6
The article reports on the views of Association of British Travel Agents (Abta) chairman Noel Josephides regarding the emerging peer-to-peer sector epitomized in travel by Airbnb, expressed at the Travel Convention held in September 2014.