'CO2 offset firms not up to scratch'
- Celerity goes carbon neutral. // Data Strategy;Oct2007, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the carbon neutral status gained by data solutions provider Celerity following a program with CarbonNeutral Co. to measure and reduce its carbon footprint. Jonathan Shopley, executive director at CarbonNeutral, hopes that more companies will realize the significance of...
- LETTERS. Sneyd, Bill // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);8/29/2008, p18
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Counting the Cost of Carbon," published n the August 22, 2008 issue.
- A green visit to the Hague. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Apr2007, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on The Hague Convention Bureau and the Rotterdam marketing plan for carbon neutral industry events. Paul Swain is the Great Britain account manager who states that the Dutch have a history of addressing environmental concerns. The CarbonNeutral company provides for green events.
- Portman goes green. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/21/2006, Issue 2713, p10
The article reports on Great Britain-based Portman Travel's signing of a deal with CarbonNeutral Co. which will calculate the environmental damage caused by the agency's clients. Portman customer who sign up to the scheme can pay to offset the damage they caused via different schemes such as...
- CAPITAL GAINS. Prickett, Ruth // Financial Management;May2007, p21
The article focuses on the Radio Taxis Group, one of the largest cab operators that gained CarbonNeutral accreditation in London, England. It discusses that the company combined several environmental and social schemes and is involved in good causes because of its strong belief in customer...
- Erasing Carbon Footprints. // JCK;Apr2008 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 179 Issue 4, p82
The article offers information about CarbonNeutral Co., a leading carbon offset and climate consulting business in London, England. The company's clients include 300 corporations, more than 60,000 individuals and thousands of small businesses in six continents. It does a customized, detailed...
- New laws change Nevada business landscape. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;07/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p8
Reports on a business legislative reform in Nevada. Provisions of the bill; Includes infrastructure tax; Restrictions on managed care contracts; Support for school-to-work programs; Impact on the business landscape.
- Ten dollar bill. // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the proposed bill in the US Congress that prevents class action lawsuits against companies whose stock decline through no fault of their own.
- Is the 8(a) process worth all the trouble? Thompson, Kevin D. // Black Enterprise;Aug92, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on the controversial minority set-aside program, section 8(a) of the Small Business Act. Conflicts between minority business owners and the Small Business Administration (SBA); Factors that have blunted the effectiveness of this program; Charges of mismanagement and lack of direction;...