- The trouble with tipping. Craigie, Jim // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2010, Issue 125, p42
The article presents advice for Australians traveling abroad on how much money they should tip to service staff at establishments in countries such as the U.S., Mexico, France and South Africa.
- Travel wise. Craigie, Jim // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2004, Issue 9, p39
Focuses on the tipping policies in Australian cruise lines. Information on the tipping policies in some cruise lines.
- When Is a Tip Really a Bribe? KLOSTERMAN, CHUCK // New York Times Upfront;10/28/2013, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p12
The article provides an answer to a question of whether it was wrong for a family that had traveled to Cambodia and was returning home to have given 5 dollars to an immigration officer who was asking for a tip.
- Pennywise Here's a Tip. // British Heritage;Jul2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p65
The article provides hints about typical gratuities given for services in Great Britain including those given at pubs, restaurants, to porters, and to taxi cab drivers.
- Why Choose a Live-Aboard? // Sport Diver;2013 Special Edition, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p76
The article offers helpful travel tips for travelers to have the best live-aboard experience. These include packing light by having half for the clothes and half for the gear, choosing a room in advance when booking and having the gear prepped and serviced. It also notes giving generous tips and...
- tips on tipping. // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);Nov2010, p34
The article presents guidelines to tipping etiquette in several business travel destinations. Travelers in Thailand are advised that a ten percent service charge is included on the bill. But, if this is not included, travelers can add on an amount of five percent, and if they are booked at an...
- Corrections. // Conde Nast Traveler;Oct2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p30
A correction to the articles "Etiquette 101: The Tipping Guide, Part 2," and "Cruise Smart," published in the August 2009 issue, is presented.
- Make sure clients get the best tips on tipping. Calder, Simon // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/4/2011, Issue 2969, p25
In this article the author offers tips in manners and customs on tippings during international travel for British travelers. He comments on the culture of several countries on tipping which include Spain, New Zealand, and Korea. Also investigated is the prices in North America which are 25...
- Chicago Bound. Jackson, Arthur // Good Old Days;Jan2007, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p32
The author relates an experience he had in helping his older sister prepare for a trip. In 1945, his sister was bound for a trip to Chicago, Illinois to attend a Fashion Fair. He watched his sister prepare for trip, making new outfits, shoes and accessories. Although his sister had a little...