- Tongue in check. Faltermayer, Charlotte; Horowitz, Janice M. // Time;4/29/1996, Vol. 147 Issue 18, p30
Provides a chart of some world leaders who can speak in more than one language. The monolinguists, such as Russian President Boris Yeltsin and British Prime Minister John Major, being at the mercy of interpreters, even for small talk.
- Introduction. MAREEL, SAMUEL; SCHOENAERS, DIRK // Queeste;2015, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the multilingual culture in the late medieval and early modern Low Countries and several essays within the issue including "A Tale of Two Tongues: The Interplay of Dutch and French in the Literary Culture of the Low Countries."
- The Communication Revolution. Ward, Daniel // Language Magazine;Mar2011, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p6
The author reflects on the revolutionary wave of communications through social networking in North Africa and the Middle East. The author states that blogging, tweeting and texting for multilingual technology literacy are the weapon of deconstruction in mass media. He mentions the use of English...
- BABEL, A MULTILINGUAL BLOG CMS. Gkamas, A.; Panagiotou, G.; Papazafeiropoulos, C. // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Nov2006, p233
There has been observed a gigantic increase in development of Web Logs (Blogs) in the internet lately. The vast majority of which are written in English. Nevertheless the penetration of internet in countries that don't speak English has exceeded the expectations. More and more users need to...
- GET WITH THE LINGO. // Cleo;Jul2012, p169
The article reports on the claim by scientists that fluency in several languages increases one's intellect, resulting in better multitasking and problem solving.
- REPORT ROUNDUP: LEARNING LANGUAGE. YETTICK, R. HOLLY // Education Week;2/26/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p4
The article discusses the "Multilingual Children: Beyond Myths and Toward Best Practices" research study published in the journal "Social Policy Report" as of February 26, 2014.
- TEN TO WATCH: ECO-BLOGS. // Green Futures;Nov/Dec2006, Issue 61, p12
The article lists ten blogs, electronic diaries, and electronic information resources that focus on the green movement, environmentalism, ecology, and sustainable development. The www.chinadialogue.net is a bilingual site that combines articles with debate inside and outside China. The...
- Social media tools. Law, Louise // MultiLingual;Oct/Nov2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p25
The article focuses on the use of social media tools in the multilingual industry. Techcrunch.com on September 2010 estimated that web-based translation market is worth around three billion U.S. dollars. It says that most organizations have no resources for monitoring social media content and...
- Are you reaching your intended audiences? // Public Relations Tactics;Jun98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p12
Discusess the benefits of companies creating a multilingual Web site. Number of United States businesses that have access to the Internet; Predictions for electronic commerce for the year 2001; What happens when one has an English-only Web site; Suggestions for creating a multilingual Web site.