James Cowper goes green
- Consumers Will Support Green Consumer-Electronics Firms Analysts Say. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p1
The article informs that consumers are becoming more concerned about companies and brands that support green efforts.
- Administration of a professional practice. Iqbal, M. Zafar; Madison, Roland L. // Ohio CPA Journal;Apr94, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p41
Considers several areas where small firms should develop their capacity to offer quality services to clients who seek expansion beyond domestic United States markets. Financial planning; Performance evaluation; Capital budgeting; Requirements of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; Tax planning;...
- 'Stayin' alive!' -- Is that all your firm is doing? Aquila, August // Accounting Today;7/24/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p8
Offers advice on managing an accounting firm. Ways to expand a company; Examples of questions that will help a firm determine target markets; Steps to be taken in selecting clients.
- A grubby shade of green. Pollyghazi // New Statesman;11/8/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4309, p28
Focuses on British environmental groups' efforts to change multinationals' attitudes by working more closely with them. Business conference hosted by Greenpeace; Identification of solutions to environmental problems achievable through alliances between greens and industry; Shift away from...
- Do your ohm work. Felgate, Garry // Financial Management (14719185);Nov2003, p12
Focuses on the creation of the Carbon Trust by business enterprises in Great Britain. Compliance of business enterprises on the government's campaign on environmental issues; Effort of the business enterprises to reduce greenhouse gas emissions; Launch of a program of the organization that...
- New bottom line for business -- green. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/5/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 45, p34
The author focuses on the 2007 Corporate Sustainability/Green Business Practices Survey on green businesses in Connecticut. The Connecticut Business & Industry Association is among 397 companies that responded to the survey, half think their companies would be more attractive to larger vendors...
- Changing the Rules: Business-NGO Partnershipsand Structuration Theory. Schneidewind, Uwe; Petersen, Holger // Greener Management International;Winter98, Issue 24, p105
THIS PAPER analyses the role of business-environmental group partnerships in the building of social and political structures. It shows why these new mechanisms of institutional design are of high importance in an era of 'reflexive modernisation' and how these mechanisms can be conceptualised...
- Green movement needs truce, says corporate spokesman. Minter, J. Rob // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/21/95, Vol. 235 Issue 8, p51
Focuses on issues affecting the environmental movement and its relation to business enterprises in the United States. Activities by the movement in the early days of environmentalism; Efforts by corporations to address environmental issues; Activities by the Global Environmental Management...
- LINGUISTIC GUERRILLA WARFARE. Seabrook, Jeremy // Ecologist;Nov2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the use of language and ideology by multinational companies as means of enhancing their cause for globalization. Changes undertaken in the emergence of ecological movements; Virtues adopted by corporate institutions; Promotion of an illusory commitment to reform.