Availability of Guns Is Not the Cause of Youth Violence
- Can Cities Sue Gun Makers? Anders, Kelly // State Legislatures;May99, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on the litigation of gun manufacturers by cities in the United States. Claims on safety hazard and violence; Remarks from gun manufacturers; Status of legislators on gun manufacturing.
- Taking aim on gun manufacturers. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;6/20/94, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the plan of the Law School Coalition to Combat Gun Violence to file product liability lawsuits against gun manufacturers and distributors in behalf of gun victims. Allegation of sale of unreasonable dangerous products; Failure of similar legal action in the past; Restriction of sale...
- How to keep firearms out of children's hands. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;4/6/98, Vol. 90 Issue 90, p3
Focuses on proposed new measures by lawmakers to keep firearms out of the hands of children. America's 200 million privately owned firearms; The debate heightened by the Jonesboro, Arkansas shootings; Parents questioning how to safeguard children in a nation where guns are present in an...
- Bringing a Pen to a Gunfight. Rall, Ted // Progressive Populist;9/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p19
The article asserts that liberal gun opponents must call for the repeal of the Second Amendment if they want to put an end to America's bloody love affair with guns, or they would look foolish, dishonest and weak, if they only propose little changes to gun control laws.
- Gun Control's Twisted Outcome. Malcolm, Joyce Lee // Reason;Nov2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the impact of gun control on the increase in crime in England. Gun crime in inner cities; Debate over the Prevention of Crime Act in Great Britain's House of Commons; Cases that illustrate the impact of gun control legislation; Comparison between crime rates in Great Britain and the U.S.
- Gun play. Buchanan, John M. // Christian Century;5/17/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 10, p3
Addresses the issue of gun violence in the U.S. Passage of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Incidents of gun violence; Implications for gun control.
- Guns & the Law. Stenning, Philip C. // Beaver;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p6
Provides information on the history of private ownership of firearms in Canada. Legal measures in the 18th and 19th century concerning gun control; Views on the use of firearms for security and commercial hunting; Rationale behind the inclusion of the private ownership of firearms in the...
- Never has, never will. Mair, Wendy // Missoula Independent;2/28/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Strength in Numbers" about gun control, which appeared in the February 21, 2013 issue.
- Talking Point. Hart, Simon // Farmers Weekly;7/23/2004, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p73
Reports on the "Controls on Firearms" consultation document published by the British government in May 2004, which focused on the rising gun crime in the country. Reason behind the increase; Information on the Countryside Code launched by Countryside Agency; Effect of the issue on fishing.