SBA helps figure stimulus benefits
- TEI Sets Calendar for Coming Year. // Tax Executive;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p106
Deals with the creation of a tentative educational calendar of the Tax Executives Institute for the fiscal year beginning July 2004. 2004 Annual Conference in New Orleans in October 2004; Seminar on tax planning in November 2004; Midyear Conference in April 2004.
- Valuation Standards. Petersen, Robert A. // California CPA;Sep2005, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p31
Discusses the inclusion of tax in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' proposed valuation standards. Valuation standards for tax planning and compliance services; Disadvantages associated with the proposed valuation standards; Applications of the valuation standards.
- School levy, bonds vital, especially now. // Journal of Business (10756124);2/12/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, pA8
In this article the author discusses the implication of additional taxes imposed to the patrons of Spokane Public Schools in Spokane, Washington. The author is critical about the move especially during the dire economic situation wherein people did its best to save money. He adds that the local...
- SBA revises standard for heating oil, LP dealers. Liyakasa, Kelly // Westchester County Business Journal;8/11/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 32, p6
The article reports on the revision of standards for the heating oil and liquefied petroleum gas dealers industries by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to accommodate unstable prices. According to Jovita Carranza, acting administrator of SBA, the changes aimed to help the businesses...
- SBA creates tax saving center. Wimmer, Leslie // Fort Worth Business Press;6/16/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p4
The article reports on an online tax savings resource center for small business created by the United States Small Business Association. The purpose of the center is for small business to understand the benefits of the economic stimulus package signed into law by President George W. Bush. Among...
- Planning Ahead for your Small Business. Campbell, Kelly // CMA Management;May2001, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p42
Offers suggestions to small business owners on how to plan ahead for the payment of taxes in order to avoid unnecessary stress. Getting organized before going to the accountant; Items considered for tax deductions.
- Struggle with taxes continues, but there's some help. Applegate // San Diego Business Journal;02/08/99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p12
Offers tips on tax planning for small businesses in California. Changes in tax regulation; Scenarios where tax reduction may be applied; Tax tips from the California Society of Enrolled Agents and other sources.
- Use CPA to analyze your tax situation. Hense, Paul A. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/29/97, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p15
Advises small business owners to consult certified public accountants when devising a tax strategy. Complexity of the tax law passed in 1997; Year-end bonuses as a tax reducer; Managing pension plans.
- Tax tips for small businesses. // San Diego Business Journal;3/18/96 Small Business Extra, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p10A
Presents tax tips from tax attorney, Frederick W. Daily. Retirement plans as tax breaks for businesses; Use of tax preparation software; Advice to learn federal and state rules concerning payroll tax withholding and penalties.