BP moves in on the Arctic
- This Land is No One's Land. // Earth Island Journal;Summer2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on how northern nations are making efforts to claim the polar Arctic region. In 2007, a Russian submarine planted a Russian flag on the seabed underneath the North Pole, symbolizing territorial claim. Norway's Statoil ASA is planning to start underwater drilling in 2014....
- E & P life still exists in Caspian. DeLuca, Marshall // Offshore;Sep99, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on the BP Amoco-led consortium drilling on the Shah Deniz structure in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea. Result of the first well drilled; Estimated volume of gas reserves in the Shah Deniz field.
- More extended reach wells at Wytch Farm. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Sep99, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p18
Reports that BP Amoco continued to bring onstream world record length extended reach wells at its declining Wytch Farm oilfield on the Dorset coast in England. Strategy used to aid torque management on the M16 well drilled; Information on the BP Amoco-operated field, Bruce.
- BP Amoco development an indicator of Atlantic Margin prospectivity. Potter, Neil // Offshore;Aug2000, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p51
Focuses on the offshore oil and gas well drilling operations of BP Amoco PLC in West of Shetlands area, Scotland. Plans of the company on the development of East Foinaven; Details on the Magnus EOR gas pipeline project; Description of the Clair oil reservoir.
- WHEN COWBOYS CRY. STEINGRABER, SANDRA // Orion Magazine;May/Jun2011, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p14
In the article, the author discusses the environmental degradation in Montana due to fossil fuel extraction operations like coal mining and oil well drilling. She cites the protest being shown by the participants at the annual meeting of the Northern Plains Resource Council held in Billings,...
- Join Hands Against Drilling. Gombos, Shannon // Our Planet: Weekly Newsletter of E Magazine;6/13/2010, p4
The article reports on the upcoming participation of people worldwide in the Hands Across the Sand campaign to oppose offshore oil drilling and to back the clean energy legislation. The campaign was founded by Dave Rauschkolb and was originally created against the Florida legislation allowing...
- Greenpeace Protest in the Arctic Threatens To Wreak Environmental Havoc This Summer. Hudson, Audrey // Human Events;7/23/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 27, p10
The article discusses safety issues brought about by plans of Greenpeace activists to protest oil and gas exploration in the Arctic and shadow Royal Dutch Shell's drilling ships. Environmentalists believe that said action can inadvertently harm marine mammals and pollute the environs they want...
- etc. // Missoula Independent;3/17/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the demonstration initiated by 50 protesters to oppose on the shipment of 200-plus big rigs in Missoula, Montana.
- No rest for the eco-friendly. Chopra, Gauri; Meili, Dianne // Alberta Sweetgrass;Aug2007, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the protests launched by the members of the environment-friendly group Mikisew Cree First Nation of Fort Chipewyan against the development of the Alberta tar sands. George Poitras, former chief of the group, cited the negative effects of the exploitation of oil sands on...