Tel Aviv to Erect Monument to Gays Persecuted by Nazis
- Castro: I'm responsible for past anti-gay persecution. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;9/9/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p4
The article reports that Cuban politician Fidel Castro accepted responsibility for Cuba's persecution of gays and lesbians, in an interview with Mexican newspaper "La Jornada," on August 31, 2010.
- Honoring those that came before us. Wakeman, Anne // Empty Closet;Jun2012, Issue 457, p2
The author discusses the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum exhibition "Nazi Persecution of Homosexuals" hosted by the Jewish Community Center from May 23 to July 22, 2012 and the need for the LGBT communities to participate in the event.
- Branded by the Pink Triangle. Cart, Michael // Booklist;7/1/2013, Vol. 109 Issue 21, p58
The article reviews the book "Branded by the Pink Triangle," by Ken Setterington.
- During Pride week, New England Holocaust Memorial to remember Nazis' gay victims. Berlo, Beth // Bay Windows;6/3/1999, pN.PAG
Highlights the expected participation of several gay men and lesbians for the fourth annual candlelight vigil in memory of the homosexual victims of Nazi persecution at the New England Holocaust Memorial on June 9, 1999. Significance of the vigil to gay and lesbian communities according to...
- Kramer on Kramer. HOLLERAN, ANDREW // Advocate;Apr/May2015, Issue 1078, p36
An interview is presented with gay author and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) activist Larry Kramer regarding his novel "The American People: Volume I: Search for My Heart." Topics include the presence of LGBT people in history, the origins of AIDS and the relationship between...
- The Administration of Gender Identity in Nazi Germany. Caplan, Jane // History Workshop Journal;Autumn2011, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p171
An essay on gender and sexuality in Nazi Germany is presented, focusing on official and bureaucratic categorizations. It comments on policies toward homosexuality, transvestism, and transsexuality. The author discusses official permits to cross dress and explores the labeling of certain...
- Wer wurde als homosexuell verfolgt? Korom, Philipp; Fleck, Christian // KÃ¶lner Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;Dec2012, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p755
This paper investigates the impact of the social structure on the persecution of homosexuals in Austria during the Nazi regime and the following democratic Republic. So far local studies for the German case have come to the conclusion that the middle class has been victim to the same, or event...
- SHORT TAKES: Amsterdam, Netherlands. // Advocate;6/11/81, Issue 319, p52
Reports that money is being raised for a monument to the estimated number of Dutch gays who perished in Nazi concentration camps in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Germany OKs monument. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;12/25/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the approval of Germany's Parliament on the construction of a monument in Berlin's Tiergarten park to commemorate gay victims of the Nazis. Number of gays persecuted by the Nazis; Group who supported the construction of the monument.