The temporal characteristics of border trading along the Great Wall during the Qing Dynasty
- Cross-border information transfers: evidence from profit warnings issued by European firms. Alves, Paulo; Pope3, Peter F.; Young, Steven // Accounting & Business Research (Wolters Kluwer UK);2009, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p449
This paper reports evidence on cross-border accounting information transfers associated with profit warning announcements. Using a sample of firms from 29 European countries, we find that negative earnings surprises disclosed by firms in one country affect investors' perceptions of comparable...
- Governance of International Business Relationships: A Cross-Cultural Study on Alternative Governance Modes. Homburg, Christian; Cannon, Joseph P; Krohmer, Harley; Kiedaisch, Ingo // Journal of International Marketing;2009, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
The authors examine the effects of both transnationality (cross-border versus domestic exchange) and national culture (U.S. versus German buyers) on the use of three primary modes of governance: (1) the market mechanism, (2) trust, and (3) formal contracts. Drawing on theory, the authors develop...
- Don't fence me in. Brooks, Greg // New Media Age;3/17/2005, p23
The article focuses on the factors that hinder cross-border trade online in Great Britain. Technologically speaking, there is no reason why British consumers could not be buying from etailers throughout the European Union (EU) on a mass-market scale. Shopping comparison services like Kelkoo and...
- Geo quest 14. // Current Events;12/18/98, Vol. 98 Issue 14, p4
Presents clues describing the Great Wall of China, a fort built to protect ancient China from wandering tribes.
- Greater Wall. Thompson, Sharon // National Geographic Kids;May2003, Issue 330, p8
Provides information on the Great Wall of China. Materials used in building the Great Wall; Height of the structure; Discovery of a section of the Great Wall in the Gobi desert in northwestern China.
- Ruins of wooden Great Wall discovered in China. // Digging Stick;Apr2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p22
The article reports that the dilapidated walls in north-east China were identified by archaeologists to be the remains of a wooden Great Wall.
- The Great Wall's ancestor. // Discover;Aug96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p19
Reports on a National Aeronautics & Space Administration geologist's rediscovery of an earlier wall built parallel to the Great Wall of China during the Sui Dynasty. Study of the wall's ruins.
- CONQUER THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA. Truelove, Meeghan // Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel (Newsweek LLC);Mar2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p40
The article offers tips on visiting the Great Wall of China.
- The Long and Winding Wall. Thompson, Sharon // National Geographic World;Mar2001, Issue 307, p10
Focuses on the Great Wall of China. Description of the Great Wall.