Addition of clopidogrel to aspirin may have increased risk for cardiovascular death in a primary prevention population
- Bleeding risk outweighs aspirin's primary prevention benefit. // Reactions Weekly;7/7/2012, Issue 1409, p5
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted in Italy which revealed that the use of aspirin for the prevention of cardiovascular events is linked to an increased risk of major gastrointestinal (GI) and intracranial bleeding. Researchers mentioned that major bleeding risk is not...
- Million Hearts: Prevalence of Leading Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors -- United States, 2005-2012. Ritchey, Matthew D.; Wall, Hilary K.; Gillespie, Cathleen; George, Mary G.; Jamal, Ahmed // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;5/30/2014, Vol. 63 Issue 21, p462
The article focuses on the analysis of the aspirin, blood pressure, cholesterol and smoking (ABCS) clinical measures of the Million Hearts initiative which is aimed at implementing clinical and community-level evidence-based strategies to reduce cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors in the...
- Aspirin to Prevent Cardiovascular Disease: The Association of Aspirin Dose and Clopidogrel With Thrombosis and Bleeding. Steinhubl, Steven R.; Bhatt, Deepak L.; Brennan, Danielle M.; Montalescot, Gilles; Hankey, Graeme J.; Eikelboom, John W.; Berger, Peter B.; Topol, Eric J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;3/17/2009, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p379
Background: The optimal aspirin dose for the prevention of cardiovascular events remains controversial. Objective: To assess the incidence of and risk factors for adverse clinical outcomes by investigator-determined aspirin dose in a primary prevention trial. Design: Post hoc observational...
- Do Clinicians Recommend Aspirin to Patients for Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease? Fiscella, Kevin; Winters, Paul; Mendoza, Michael; Noronha, Gary; Swanger, Carlos; Bisognano, John; Fortuna, Robert // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Feb2015, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p155
BACKGROUND: The United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) released updated guidelines in 2009 recommending aspirin to prevent myocardial infarction among at-risk men and stroke among at-risk women. OBJECTIVE: Our aim was to examine clinician aspirin recommendation among eligible...
- Left ventricular hypertrophy: the next treatable, silent killer? Gardin, Julius M.; Lauer, Michael S. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/17/2004, Vol. 292 Issue 19, p2396
Comments on research into left ventricular hypertrophy. Causes and treatment of the condition; Finding of the Framingham Heart Study; Association of electrocardiographic and echocardiographic left ventricular mass to an increased risk for cardiovascular events; Mention of an article by Okin and...
- Protocol Understanding and Anxiety in Perioperative Clinical Trial Patients Approached for Consent on the Day of Surgery. Chludzinski, Alexandra; Irani, Crissy; Mascha, Edward J.; Kurz, Andrea; Devereaux, P. J.; Sessler, Daniel I. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;May2013, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p446
Objective: To determine whether approaching patients for consent on the day of surgery impairs understanding or produces unacceptable anxiety compared with obtaining consent before the day of surgery. Patients and Methods: We assessed the effect of the timing of obtaining consent for a moderate-...
- JBS3: Prevention of CVD. // Pulse;Apr2014, p18
The article offers information on the Joint British Societies (JBS)3 risk calculator which was created to determine the lifetime and 10-year risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in all individuals and the prevention of CV.
- You can avoid a Heart Disease Diagnosis. // South Asian Post;3/7/2013, p7
The article focuses on risk factors associated with cardiovascular diseases and emphasizes on proper lifestyle, diet changes and regular exercise to prevent heart diseases.
- Study shows supplement improves risks for cardiovascular disease. // Fort Worth Business Press;04/06/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 50
Reports the efficacy of Centrum Focused Formulas for Heart in lowering risk for cardiovascular diseases. Role in the maintenance of heart health; Components of the formula; Reduction of hemocysteine levels.