- Associated Ethical Issues for REDD-Based Emissions Trading Schemes in Melanesia. Lea, David // Social Development Issues;2012, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p51
Papua New Guinea (PNG) in recent years assumed a leading role in expanding the scope of carbon emissions trading through the promotion of REDD (reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation) while capturing the world's attention through scandals linked to the premature trading of...
- TRUSTING IN THE 'EFFICACY OF BEAUTY': A KALOCENTRIC APPROACH TO MORAL PHILOSOPHY. Henning, Brian G. // Ethics & the Environment;Spring2009, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p101
Although debates over carbon taxes and trading schemes, over carbon offsets and compact fluorescents are important, our efforts to address the environmental challenges that we face will fall short unless and until we also set about the difficult work of reconceiving who we are and how we are...
- Calif. ready to ease emissions mandate. Sedgwick, David; Maskery, Mary Ann // Automotive News;12/11/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5636, p8
Reports that California is backing down from the demand that automakers sell 20,000 zero-emission vehicles a year. California Air Resources Board favor fleet of electric cars; Details under plan; CARB's plan; Automaker's proposal. INSET: The leading plan..
- Market power in a system of tradeable CO2 quotas. Westskog, Hege // Energy Journal;1996, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p85
Examines the relationship between market power and the size of efficiency loss in a market for tradeable carbon dioxide permits. Cost effective outcome; Market power countries; Marginal cost functions; Efficiency loss.
- Selling air pollution. Doherty, Brian // Reason;May96, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on the trading of emission rights in the United States. Pollution-rights markets; Policies of the US Environmental Protection Agency regarding emissions-rights trading; Sulfur-dioxide trading program.
- Emissions trading. Stringer, Judy // Chemical Week;1/31/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p12
Reports that the emissions program was a success for Air Quality Management District (AQMD) in Diamond Bar, California. Findings of the audit; Description of current program.
- EMISSIONS TRADING--HOT, NOT HOT SPOTS. Kinsman, John // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p22
Discusses the development of a cap-and-trade program which enables companies to save money for its customers and stockholders while reducing emissions. Objective of Acid Rain Program; Key functions of the cap-and-trade program; Rules established by the U.S. federal government about how a...
- N.H. emissions trading program is set to get off the ground. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/10/97, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p6
Focuses on New Hampshire state's emissions trading program. State Department of Environmental Services' awarding of its first credits to the University of New Hampshire; Public Service of New Hampshire's work on so-called discrete emissions reduction credits.
- What can the Midwest learn from California about... Klier, Thomas H.; Matoon, Richard H. // Chicago Fed Letter;Aug97, Issue 120, p1
Reviews the California RECLAIM experience in the first two years of market activity, focusing on the NOx market, the larger of the two emissions trading programs. Basic features of the Illinois ERMS program; Relation of the lessons from the RECLAIM market to the proposed Illinois program.