- By Any Other Name. // Wilson Quarterly;Spring2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p107
Presents an excerpt from an article about North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, which appeared in the February 13, 2003 issue of 'The New York Review of Books.'
- Inside Kim Jong II's brain. Ogden, Christopher // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/07/96, Issue 41, p35
Opinion. Focuses on the author's premise of imaging himself himself in the brain of Supreme Leader of North Korea, Kim Jong Il to try to understand his actions following the submarine debacle involving South Korea. Reference to North Korea's economy; How businessmen and diplomats acquire food...
- Kim Jong II: Now it's his turn. Chua-Eoan, Howard G.; Curry, Tom // Time;7/18/1994, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p29
Profiles Kim Jong II, son of Kim Il Sung and heir apparent to his father's legacy as leader of North Korea. His replacement of his younger brother Kim Yong Ju in 1975 as their father's successor; Comment by Dae-Sook Suh.
- The dear leader's lies. Stachura, Mike // Golf Digest;Feb95, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on media reports of North Korea dictator Kim Jong Il's golfing abilities. Comments from Pyongyang Golf Club professional Pak Yong Nam.
- The son also rises. // People;8/1/94, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on Kim Jong Il, son of the late North Korean leader Kim Il Sung. Rumors about his personality; Accusation that he was involved in masterminding terrorist attacks such as the 1987 bombing of a Korean Air flight.
- Watching the enigma. Desmond, Edward W.; Guest, Robert // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/26/94-1/2/95, Issue 52, p43
Reports on the ascension of Kim Jong Il to North Korea's crown after the death of Il's father, Kim Il Sung. Consolidation of power in carrying out economic reform; Questions on Il's health status.
- Amazing stories. // Human Events;4/12/96, Vol. 52 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the impossible feats of Kim Jong Il.
- The Moment. Powell, Bill // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 19, p5
The article discusses a May 3, 2010 trip by North Korean leader Kim Jong Il to meet with leaders of the Chinese government in Beijing China.
- The Moment. Powell, Bill // Time International (Atlantic Edition);5/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 19, p7
The article discusses heightened tensions between North Korea's leader, Kim Jong Il and the government of China.