- Avalere: SNFs facing $65 billion in losses. Berklan, James M. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Sep2012, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the impact of sequestration cuts in the U.S. on Medicare payments to the nursing home Skilled Nursing Facility which will suffer a loss of approximately U.S. dollar 4 billion per year as reported by Avalere Health LLC.
- Medicare looking better. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;06/26/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p2
Reports on the relief package proposed by United States President Bill Clinton which would increase Medicare payments. Value of the package sought by hospital groups; Provisions of the proposal; Factors that endanger the increase.
- Funding for US Medicare hangs in the balance. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;8/6/2011, Issue 634, p1
The article focuses on an article published in the "New England Journal of Medicine" (NEJM) in which doctors Katherine Baicker and Michael E. Chernew explain the implications of public financing of the Medicare programme for the U.S. economy.
- A Medicare alternative. // Human Events;3/26/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the Medicare alternative proposal by four Republican senators before the House budget plan of Representative Paul Ryan (Republican, Wisconsin) was announced.
- Federal Grant Awarded To Fight Medicare Fraud. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug99, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p15
Reports that a Washington state health insurance counseling program has been awarded a federal grant to fight Medicare fraud. Worth of the federal grant; Overview of the planned anti-fraud unit
- Sequestration's 2% Medicare cuts loom over physicians. // Medical Economics;3/10/2013, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p13
The article looks at the trickle-down effect of reduction in Medicare payments by 2 percent due to sequestration plan effective from April 1, 2013, as healthcare providers in the U.S. will find ways to make up the difference, such as cutting jobs.
- Medicare: Why the HIV/AIDS community must engage. Allgaier, Randy // Bay Area Reporter;3/6/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p6
Comments on the availability of Medicare as a primary source of federal funding for AIDS care and treatment. Eligibility for Medicare among AIDS/HIV victims; Fiscal crises facing California's Medica-Cal and AIDS Drug Assistance Program; George W. Bush Administration's 2004 federal budget...
- Arithmetic failure and the myth of the unsustainability of universal health insurance. Béland, François // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;7/3/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 1, p54
The author focuses on the article "The Arithmetic of Health Care," by J. C. MacKinnon published in the periodical "Canadian Medical Association Journal" (CMAJ) which argued for the unsustainability of medicare using the ratio of health care spending to government income. It provides information...
- Pharmacy hit by sequestration. // Chain Drug Review;3/18/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the impact of sequestration, or U.S. federal spending cuts, on the pharmacy sector which includes a reduction in Medicare payments for Part B drugs, immunizations, and Part D plans.