The Only Constant Is Change
- Shot Down? Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;May2007, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p5
The author discusses the impact of the growing defense budget of the U.S. on the military electronics industry. The $522 U.S. defense budget is more than half of global defense spending. Analyst Ed Henderson predicts the slow down of military electronics growth in 2008. The budget would support...
- The evolving response to Sept. 11. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p11
Focuses on the effects of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Definition of defense policies; Appropriations for defense spending; Possible contribution of the electronics industry.
- U.S. spending for intelligence and battle management headed down over next decade. Keller, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the decrease of U.S. military spending for electronics-rich intelligence, battle management and related areas in the next decade. The Government Electronics Industry (GEIA) analysts provide projected declines in the appropriations for command, control, communications,...
- Embedded COTS computing suppliers must understand the concept of Evolutionary Acquisition. Macpherson, Mike // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Feb2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p24
The article comments on the need for embedded commercial off-the-shelf computing suppliers to understand the new acquisition strategy of the U.S. Department of Defense. Factors influencing the military's transition to an evolutionary acquisition strategy include technology risk, budgetary...
- The Software Life Cycle–A Management and Technological Challenge in the Department of Defense. De Roze, Barry C.; Nyman, Thomas H. // IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering;Jul78, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p309
The importance of software in defense systems continues to intensify as new systems emerge in response to increasing threats and declining force levels. The need to manage this software as a critical component of defense systems over their life cycle is becoming widely recognized. A general...
- Urgent Business Ahead. // Time;1/14/1952, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the second session of the U.S. 82nd Congress with main agenda on investigations, foreign aid and the defense budget.
- Congress Pushing For Multi-Year Commercial Satellite Acquisition Strategy. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;12/13/2013, p1
The defense bill before Congress would seek multi-year procurement strategy for satellite communications. The fiscal year 2014 defense authorization bill awaitingÂ…
- Accord Gives Army Two Years of Budget Stability. // Army Magazine;Dec2015, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the budget agreement signed by the U.S. Congress and the White House as of December 2015 that would provide a 607 billion dollar defense budget for fiscal year 2016.
- The State of the Mil-Aero Market. Costello, John; Goodman, Les; Moore, Dave; Stelmack, Andrew // ECN: Electronic Component News;Mar2012, p22
The article presents a roundtable discussion on possible factors that will affect the U.S. military electronics community in 2012. John Costello of Microsemi Corp. mentions military budget and export controls as the potential elements which will create an impact on the community. Les Goodman of...