Science vs. Darwin
- Evolving Darwin. Zimmer, Carl // Time;2/23/2009, Vol. 173 Issue 7, p50
The article analyzes scientist Charles Darwin's development of the theory of evolution preserved in his book "On the Origin of Species," and discusses the discoveries scientists in 2009 are making about evolution. The article discusses how scientists, on the 200th anniversary of Darwin's birth,...
- Scientists find evidence of God. Goode, Stephen // Insight on the News;04/19/99, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p14
Focuses on chemist Charles Thaxton's Intelligent Design theory of evolution detailed in his book `The Mystery of Life's Origin' which challenges Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection. Explanation of the Thaxton's theory; Background on the Intelligent Design Movement; Explanation of...
- TIME TRIP. // Current Events;9/14/2001, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on theory of evolution by Charles Darwin. Basis of Darwin's theory; Evolution of humans from apes; Belief of Darwin on evolution.
- Evolution's Erratic Pace. Gould, Stephen Jay // Natural History;May77, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p12
Discusses how the geologic record seemed to provide as much evidence for cataclysmic as for gradual evolutionary change. Charles Darwin's defense of gradualism as a nearly universal tempo; Extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record; How stasis and sudden appearance are the two...
- IN PLAIN SIGHT. PRIOR, JOHN // Commonweal;2/21/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to Elizabeth A. Johnston's article "Darwin's Tree of Life" in the January 24, 2014 issue.
- Charles Darwin. // History Remembers Scientists of the Past;2000, p14
Profiles Charles Darwin, English biologist. Voyage of the Beagle; Theory of evolution; Impact of theory.
- CHARLES DARWIN AND INTELLIGENT DESIGN. Lamoureux, Denis O. // Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies;2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1/2, p23
Focuses on the assumption regarding scientist Charles Darwin's rejection of the notion of intelligent design. Evolution of the term 'Darwinism' to be conflated with the dysteleological interpretation of evolution; Darwin's conceptualization of design; Biblical understanding of intelligent design.
- Darwin's World of Pain and Wonder. Valiunas, Algis // New Atlantis: A Journal of Technology & Society;Fall2009, Vol. 26, Special section p1
The article examines the theories and beliefs of naturalist Charles Darwin. The different views on the theories of evolution and intelligent design and survival of the fittest concept promoted by Darwin are mentioned. It discusses how Darwin learned lessons of debility and pain by suffering from...
- A Theory Evolves. Hayden, Thomas; Ruvinsky, Jessica; Gilgoff, Dan; Sobel, Rachel K. // U.S. News & World Report;7/29/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p42
Reports that scientists are uncovering the step-by-step changes in form and function that produced humanity and the diversity of life. Evolution as an everyday phenomenon as a fact of biology; The theory of evolution proposed by Charles Darwin; New research regarding evolution, including that...