- Index. // Global Democracy, Social Movements & Feminism;2000, p269
A subject index for the book ""Global Democracy, Social Movements & Feminism," by Catherine Eschle is presented.
- Index. // Education & Democracy;1999, p253
A subject index for the book "Education and Democracy: Paulo Freire, Social Movements, and Educational Reform in SÃ£o Paulo" is presented.
- Associations between self-reported health conscious consumerism, body-mass index, and attitudes about sustainably produced foods. Robinson, Ramona; Smith, Chery // Agriculture & Human Values;Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p177
An evaluation was made of the associations between self-reported health conscious consumerism, body-mass index (BMI), and consumer beliefs, attitudes, intentions, and behaviors regarding sustainably produced foods. Self-administered surveys were completed by adult consumers (n = 550) in three...
- Who's hiding under that white hat? // Backpacker;Sep95, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p16
Presents the deceptive conservation-minded names of groups against environmental legislation in the United States. California Desert Coalition; National Wetlands Coalition; Oregon Lands Coalition; People for the West!; Wilderness Impact Research Foundation.
- Social movements and the problem of globalization. Lynch, Cecelia // Alternatives: Global, Local, Political;Apr-Jun1998, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p149
Presents information on the relationship between social movement and globalization. Examination of the social movements that will address the problem of globalization; Assessment of a normative challenge to globalization; Comparison of the constellation of contemporary movements with that of...
- How movements move: The dynamics of an ecoprotest campaign. Kowalewski, David // Social Science Journal;1995, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p49
Discusses the broader implications for movement growth, cooptation, success and demise. Two models for analysis; The study and its findings; Implications.
- The age of `re'. Hansell, Bill // Public Management (00333611);Jan94, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p28
Highlights the revolutionary movements pervading in the system characterized by the `re' words being used widely. Advocation for a reconsideration of the community; Redefinition of public services management.
- Land grabs in Zimbabwe turn violent. // Christian Science Monitor;4/17/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 101, p7
Reports on the escalation of actions in Zimbabwe by protestors who insist on the redistribution of arable land which is held largely by the white minority, and fatalities which have occurred during the protests that have included occupation of white-owned land.
- Dissent Within the Environment Movement. Doyle, Tim // Social Alternatives;Jul94, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on difficulties faced by the environment movement in Australia. Critiques by participants within the movement; General arguments against critique; Limited time for environmental work; Differences between types of critique; Importance of the media image of the movement; Questioners as...