The New South
- Exercise the Korea option. Ratchford, J. Thomas // Research Technology Management;Jul/Aug1997, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p9
Opinion. Discusses the opportunities offered by the South Korean economy for foreign investors. Factors behind the economic resurgence amid grim forecasts in the post World War II era; Growth seen by the Korean economy in the last 35 years; Superiority of technical education in the country;...
- Foreign Investment Climate. // South Korea Country Review;2011, p113
The article provides an overview of the foreign investments in South Korea as of 2010, with details on its import and export commodities, partners, and regulatory system transparency.
- The economics of latent demand in South Korea. // South Korea Economic Studies;2000, p15
Provides an overview of the economic fundamentals within South Korea that can be used by the business community to determine the country's strategic market and investment potential. Key industries and relevant factors affecting the economy; Sources of latent demand; A comparison of its key...
- Country Risk Summary: SOUTH KOREA. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p10
Reports on several type of risks faced by South Korea. Political conditions of South Korea; Factors causing threat to the profitability of domestic banks; Shortening of working hours in the country.
- Foreign Capital in Korea's Economic Development, 1960-1985. Eun Mee Kim // Studies in Comparative International Development;Winter89/90, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p24
Investigates the relationship between foreign capital and state autonomy in the South Korean economy. Composition and the sectoral distribution of the different types of foreign capital; Role of the Korean state in the acquisition and distribution of foreign capital; Implications of foreign...
- South Korea Unions Flex Muscle. // World Trade;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the impact of the resurgence of South Korea unions to the country's economy. Goal of the unions; Status of foreign investments in the country in 1999; Demand of the Federation of Korean Trade Unions.
- Structural FDI Challenges. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Aug2007, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p11
The article reports economic developments of South Korea as of August 2007. The Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy (MOCIE) claimed that the country's foreign direct investment (FDI) commitments have fallen for the fourth consecutive quarter in the second quarter of the year. Reasons cited...
- Korea Reemerges As Asian Nexus. Thurston, Charles W. // Global Finance;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p63
Reports on the reemergence of the Souh Korea as an economic and financial nexus in Asia in 1999. Regulatory reforms of South Korean President Kim Dae Jung; Increase in foreign investment in the country; Efforts of South Korean banks on corporate financing and Internet banking.
- South Africa's Promotion and Protection of Investment Bill will enable a comprehensive and uniform legal framework. // African Business News;11/18/2013, p38
The article reports on the Promotion and Protection of Investment Bill that would enable a comprehensive and uniform legal framework to govern investments in South Africa,