Moms plan to take march to ballot box
- A million moms to demand gun control. // Mothering;Mar/Apr2000, Issue 99, p31
Reports efforts of the Million Mom March to demand stronger gun laws in the United States. Impact of gun tragedies on families; High prevalence of gun violence; Stance of US Congress on the issue; Culmination plan of the Million Mom March in Washington, D.C.
- A Million Mom March for sensible gun legislation. Dicomo, April // New York Amsterdam News;04/06/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 14, p4
Reports on mothers' participation in the Million Mom March in an effort to pressure the United States Congress to pass sensible gun legislation. Policy changes demanded by the organization; Activists' criticisms against the government's handling of gun-related issues; Average number of children...
- Add your voice to a million moms vs. guns. // Glamour;Jun2000, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p210
Editorial. Provides information on Million Mom March, the Mother's Day 2000 protest in Washington, D.C. Information on the death of Carole Price's son due to the accidental gun shooting by the child's peer; Expectations of Donna Dees-Thomases, founder of the march, on mothers to participate on...
- Moms on the march. Zuckerman, Mortimer B. // U.S. News & World Report;05/22/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 20, p84
Offers reflections on the Million Mom March in Washington D.C. on May 15, 2000 and its effectiveness in changing gun control laws. Political power of the National Rifle Association (NRA) which opposes gun control laws; Reminder of what mothers can do when they are trying protect their children...
- MOTHERS IN ARMS. FOLLMAN, MARK // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses efforts by U.S. mothers in raising support to encourage stronger national gun laws. Topics include the work of activist Shannon Watts and her organization Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America through social media, support from members of Mothers Against Drunk Driving...
- AFTER A MILLION MOM MARCH. // Christian Science Monitor;5/10/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 118, p8
Reports on the 'Million Mom March', a demonstration planned for Mothers' Day 2000 in Washington, D.C. to raise awareness for gun control.
- Marchers play the 'mother' card. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;5/11/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 119, p1
Reports that on Mother's Day 2000 women will march on the United States Capitol for stricter gun-control laws.
- Mothers vote for staying at home. Defries, Melanie // Nursery World;2/18/2010, Vol. 110 Issue 4207, p5
The article reports that the level of support available for stay-at-home parents is the major factor that would affect the voting decision of mothers at the next general election according to a survey conducted by Netmums.
- A ghastly incorrection in Oregon. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p29
Reveals Oregon state representative Liz Van Leeuwen has introduced a measure requiring each home in the state to have at least one firearm and ammunition. There would be no penalty for noncompliance, she says, but criminals would get the message that there are probably safer places than Oregon...