Fourth period in Grade 7 literacy workshop: Insights from organizational and management theories
- The Event Zone. Hall, Martha Jallim; Maiorano, Michael J. // Interdisciplinary Journal of Teaching & Learning;Summer2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p132
A calendar of education-related conferences and webinars in the U.S. for November 2013-January 2014 is presented which includes the International Dyslexia Association (IDA) Annual Reading, Literacy & Learning Conference, the 4th Annual Global Education Conference, and the webinar titled...
- Sessions on Integrating Technology into Classroom Lessons. // Reading Today;Feb/Mar2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p10
The article offers information on the program sponsored by the Technology in Literacy Education Special Interest Group that will take place in the U.S. on April 21, 2013.
- Exhibitor Sessions. // Reading Today;Feb/Mar2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p41
A calendar of exhibitor sessions in San Antonio, Texas in April 2013 is presented, including the "The Dream Team: Getting Parents in the Game" on April 22, "Use Poetry to Connect Language Learning With Early Childhood Content Areas" on April 20, and "Reading for Meaning-Fluently" on April 22.
- Literacy Education Day at the State Capitol. Hale, Margaret // English in Texas;Spring/Summer2015, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p81
The article discusses the highlights of the meeting of 16 teachers, 8 administrators, and 34 students ranging from third grade through university level held in Austin, Texas to advocate for literacy education at the Capitol and were briefed on the topics for which the Texas Council of Teachers...
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Reading Today;Apr/May2014, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p44
A calendar of educational events is presented including State of Maryland International Reading Council (SoMIRAC) Conference in Baltimore, Maryland during April 2-4, 2014, Australian Literacy Educators' Association (ALEA) Conference at Northern Territories, Australia during July 9-12, 2014 and...
- Ecological Literacy Workshops. // Connections (07010400);Spring2015, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p22
The article provides information about ecological literary workshops in Edmonton and Calgary in Alberta.
- Environmental Inquiry Workshop: Preparing Alberta Students to Create a Sustainable Future Through Authentic Learning. // Connections (07010400);Spring2015, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p23
The article offers information about the 2015 "Environmental Inquiry Workshop: Preparing Alberta Students to Create a Sustainable Future Through Authentic Learning" to be held in Cochrane, Alberta.
- Reordering priorities. Miller, Carlos // UNESCO Sources;Feb97, Issue 87, p18
Highlights the Regional Preparatory Conference for the Fifth International Adult Education Conference (COFINTEA V) held in Brazil from January 22 to 24, 1997. Focus on the growing problem of adult illiteracy in Latin America; Conclusion reached regarding the adequacy of efforts to address the...
- Events of Note. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul2013, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p43
A calendar of reading conferences from August 2013 to July 2014 including the 18th European Conference on Reading (IDEC) in Jonkoping, Sweden from August 6-9, Texas Association for Literacy Education 2nd Annual Conference in Round Rock, Texas on October 12, and South Dakota Reading Council...