Strip-Search Problems for U.S. Customs
- Worst-case scenario. Gardner, Jonathan; Lovern, Ed // Modern Healthcare;9/24/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the request of government experts in the United States for hospitals and public health agencies with regard to the possible conventional and biological attacks of terrorists. Recommendations of government panel opposed by hospital representatives; Response of the Joint Commission on...
- News clip. // AHA News;5/1/95, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the start of testing of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations' Orion Project at 49 accredited hospitals in central Pennsylvania. Creation of regional accreditation process to support local health care organizations.
- Joint Commission to establish academy on health care quality. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;1/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations formed the Academy for Healthcare Quality to address the educational needs of their surveyors. Provision of laptop computers for on-site surveyors; Start of pilot program in 1998.
- Nation's largest health care evaluator will offer international accreditation. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/16/98, Issue 322277, p21
Reports on the US Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations' (JCAHO) plan to offer international accreditation services beginning in 1999. JCAHO's offering of international consultation services through Joint Commission International; Profile on JCAHO.
- Report: JCAHO survey process fails public. Moore, Jr., J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;07/26/99, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p2
Highlights the report `The External Review of Hospital Quality,' which discussed the failure of the United States Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) to protect the public from incompetent care. Need for the accreditation survey to be fundamentally rethought...
- News from JCAHO. Peck, Richard L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Apr96, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the Joint Commission on Accreditation and Healthcare Organizations' release of information on its long-term care accreditation process.
- Execs advised against JCAHO alternatives. Gardner, Jonathan; Petitte, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the warnings to hospital executives against alternatives to Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization. Threat by American Hospital Association and American Medical Association, JCAHO's chief sponsors; Skeptism on JCAHO's capability to improve its performance of...
- JCAHO reorganizes staff, resources to improve accreditation. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;2/27/95, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the reorganization of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Reallocation of staff and resources to concentrate forces on accreditation operations; Number of people and positions affected; Reengineering of the accreditation process; Other moves.
- JCAHO staff is seeking 2% hospital fee increase. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;8/26/96, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p16
Reports on a proposal by the staff of the US Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) to increase survey fees for hospitals. Need for the approval of the commission's board to impose the survey fee increase; Rationale for the increase; JCAHO's initiatives to improve...