Seven out of 10 for Germany
- Utility, Industry & Corporation News. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
Presents several developments related to nuclear power industry around the World as of January 01, 2003. Safety award won by Grand Gulf Nuclear Station of Entergy Corp.; Agreement between Advanced Measurement Technology of Ametek Inc. and Hymatic Engineering Co. Ltd. for usage of coolers of...
- Improved Competitiveness. Muto, Sakae // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on the competitiveness of the nuclear industry in Japan as of 2003. Number of nuclear plants under construction; Evaluation of plant competitiveness based on model calculation and utilities' financial statements; Reduction of power outages; Standardization and reevaluation of...
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Aug2000, p107
Presents several charts and graphs which dealt with the status of the United States nuclear energy industry as of May 2000. Nuclear power plant operations; Nuclear generating units.
- IAEA examines nuclear plans. // Modern Power Systems;Jan96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the visit to Vietnam by a team from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), to assess the possibility of a nuclear power industry for the country. Vietnamese Government's hopes for study to examine introduction of nuclear power during 1996; Plans to build nuclear power plant.
- NUCLEAR POWER RATE REGULATION AFTER EASTERN ENTERPRISES: ARE RATEPAYERS BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE? Watkins, Claire A. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Fall2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p191
Discusses how ratepayers of nuclear powered electric utilities could construct a legal argument in support of their policy position. Details on the rise and fall of the nuclear industry; Information on the costs associated with nuclear power.
- Nuclear reactors and GTCC: Powering the future. // Modern Power Systems;Dec96, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p18
Describes an innovative technology designed to solve the challenges facing the nuclear power industry in the 1990s. Description of the Westinghouse combined cycle for superheating nuclear steam; Battelle combined cycle with pressurized water reactor and gas turbines; Future benefits of the...
- Consortium of Utilities, NSSS Vendors and the Constructors. // Nuclear Plant Journal;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p17
Presents a response to the article on consortium of utilities, NSSS vendors and the constructors. Estimation on the operation of a nuclear power plant; Impact of the congressional committee chairmen change on the nuclear industry; Concern on the risk for a nuclear power plant.
- National Nuclear Gateway gains approval. // Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring;Jan2013 Supplement, p1
The article offers information that the National Skills Academy for Nuclear has gained the approval for a National Nuclear Gateway project funded by the Great Britain Commission for Employment and Skills for transformational growth in the nuclear industries in the Great Britain.
- America's aging nuclear reactors. Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;05/26/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p3
Deals with the status of the nuclear power plants in the United States as of May 2000. Why the nuclear power industry is winning the debate over the future of the aging plants; Criticism against the Nuclear Regulatory Commission; Issue of AmerGen Incorporated's purchase of the Clinton, Illinois...