Underground On American Soil: Undocumented Workers and US Immigration Policy
- Immigration Korner. Persaud, Felicia // New York Amsterdam News;10/9/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 42, p14
The article presents statistics on the number of unauthorized immigrant population in the U.S., according to a report from the Pew Hispanic Center.
- Anti-immigration climate degrades not only immigrants, but all citizens of color. Wu, Amy // Christian Science Monitor;7/17/95, Vol. 87 Issue 161, p19
Narrates the struggle of author's parents, as immigrants to become American citizens to get better facilities for their children, in the light of congressional proposals to limit legal immigration. Focus on the citizens' behavior towards the immigrants.
- Why the undocumented must take the 2010 Census. Persaud, Felicia // New York Amsterdam News;4/1/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 14, p14
The article reports on the importance of filling out and returning the Census 2010 form by undocumented immigrants in the U.S. as a proof that one have been living in the country, which will be one of the criteria to earn legalization measure of the immigration reform legislation.
- Fewer Undocumented Immigrants In U.S. than Expected. // India -- West;9/23/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 44, pA28
The article focuses on the decline in the number of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. after almost half of the 1.6 million foreigners with expired visas have left the country or have acquired legal immigration status.
- LOST IN TRANSLATION. Brown, Katie // Louisville Magazine;May2008, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p58
The article focuses on illegal Latino migrants in the U.S. Latinos, as a group, have the largest percentage of undocumented immigrants. According to Ron Crouch, director of the Kentucky State Data Center at the University of Louisville, the 2000 U.S. Census counted Louisville, Kentucky's...
- Immigrant Groups Criticize Fingerprint Initiative. Moreno, Ivan // India -- West;10/1/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 45, pA32
The article reports on the program regarding the use of fingerprints from arrests to identify illegal immigrants in the U.S.
- Letters. Smith, Lamar; Nadler, Richard // National Review;3/23/2009, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p2
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "At What Cost?," by Richard Nadler in the February 23, 2009 issue.
- Suit: â€˜Involuntary servitudeâ€™ for Twin Cities workers. // HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment Law;Feb2017, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses about a lawsuit filed in the federal court which alleges that the owners of several Star Ocean and Sun Foods grocery stores located throughout the Twin Cities have regularly hired undocumented workers and had mistreated them in ways that Departmentof Labor officials have...
- Immigration reform's new hurdle. // Hill;4/24/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p24
The author argues on immigration reform and its implication to citizens for illegal immigrants in the U.S.
- THESE AMERICAN lives. Clarke, Kevin // U.S. Catholic;Aug2006, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the social and economic conditions of immigrants in the U.S. Challenges being faced by immigrants in seeking a rational transition to legal residency and citizenship; Misconceptions on undocumented and illegal immigrants; Number of unskilled Mexican workers who crossed the U.S....