Understanding the Iraq War
- BLOGS of WAR. Piper, Paul S.; Ramos, Miguel // Searcher;Feb2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p15
Reviews several Web sites that contain information on Iraq war. Future of Portal Iraq; Blogs of War; News From Baghdad.
- Web Smarts. // Christian Science Monitor;10/2/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 216, p12
Reviews the Web site for the Middle East Studies Association of North America (MESA) directory of college- and graduate-level Middle Eastern studies programs.
- On the Brink of War. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);11/13/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p3
Presents a lesson plan to help students understand how and why the Israelis and Palestinians found themselves in the middle of an explosive new round of violence. Discussion questions; Classroom strategies.
- Immortality in the Secret Police Files: The Iraq Memory Foundation and the Baath Party Archive. Montgomery, Bruce P. // International Journal of Cultural Property;Oct2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p309
Shortly after the 2003 American invasion of Iraq, Kanan Makiya, a long time Iraqi dissident and professor of Middle East studies at Brandeis University, uncovered a major trove of documents belonging to Saddam Hussein's Baath Party and his security forces. The documents proved highly important...
- The Dodgy Sex Dossier. // Wilson Quarterly;Spring2007, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p65
The article reviews the article "The 'Dodgy Dossier': The Academic Implications of the British Government's Plagiarism Incident," by Ibrahim Al-Marashi in the June 2006 issue of "Middle East Studies Association Bulletin." The article chronicles the author's experience as the victim of plagiarism...
- Junior Scholastic Teacher's Edition, Vol. 108 No. 2, September 19, 2005. McCabe, Suzanne // Junior Scholastic (Teacher's Edition);9/19/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 2, pT-1
Presents guides to teaching various topics, including the Iraq War and the Mesopotamian civilization, that were featured in the Vol. 108, No. 2, September 19, 2005 issue of "Junior Scholastic."
- Waging Communication War. PAYNE, KENNETH // Parameters: U.S. Army War College;Summer2008, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses the importance of the proper communication of ideas and information in war. The application of this to the U.S. war in Iraq and the Afghan War is explored. The inclusion of communication war doctrine in U.S. military field manuals is examined and a discussion of the...
- Issues Raised by the Respondents in the Light of the 2003 Bush War in Iraq. Elovitz, Paul H. // Journal of Psychohistory;Summer2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p35
Presents a response to critiques on an article on the teaching of war amid the second Bush Persian Gulf War (Gulf War II) that started March 19, 2003. Views of students on the Gulf War II; Response of students to the question of the time U.S. should stay in Iraq; Discussion on the relationship...
- Blogs over Baghdad. Graff, Keir // Booklist;4/1/2005, Vol. 101 Issue 15, p1339
Reviews the weblog "Baghdad Burning," written under the pseudonym Riverbend.