Taxpayers May See Rebate Checks In Move To Boost Economy
- Economy Needs Supply-Side Tax Cut. Bartlett, Bruce // Human Events;5/12/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 16, p24
Explains the need of the U.S. for tax-cut measures. Information on the tax cut proposals of the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee; Forecast on the number of jobs in 2003; Impact of the tax-cut under the supply-side model.
- Feds give state $112,035 to help fight SUTA dumping. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;9/19/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p2
This article reports that the U.S. Department of Labor has awarded Michigan a $112,035 grant to help it detect and prevent employers shirking their unemployment-insurance tax The Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency will use the grant to train staff and integrate new software to identify State...
- Credits From Heaven. Bole, William // America;10/29/2001, Vol. 185 Issue 13, p16
Talks about the benefit to the poor offered by the tax bill signed by United States President George W. Bush in 2001. Information on the tax rebates sent out by the government in summer 2001; Details of the tax package; Challenge in providing tax support for faith-based initiatives.
- Stimulus Plan: Who Gets What? // Jet;2/25/2008, Vol. 113 Issue 7, p16
The author reports on the size of the tax rebate which tax payers will be receiving as part of the economic stimulus plan.
- Florida Passes Budget, But Leaves Out Marlins' Rebate, Bush's Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32129, p4
The article reports that Florida lawmakers agreed on a $63.1 billion budget before ending their session, but they failed to pass two major bond programs proposed for transportation and sports projects. The 2006 state budget is pumped up with higher-than-expected revenue collections that allowed...
- Deal Postpones FSC Tax Debate. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;10/11/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 38, p12
Deals with the dispute over the United States (U.S.) practice of providing tax rebates to products sold through foreign subsidies. Request granted by the European Union to resolve the dispute until November 2000; Value of the U.S. rebates; Details on the bill passed regarding tax laws.
- APD reform could mean higher fares. Gray, Chris // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/14/2010, Issue 2912, p4
The article reports that the plan of Great Britain's new government to apply a reformed Air Passenger Duty as payment for income tax cuts could result to higher fares and lesser flights.
- ASSESSMENT AND VALUATION LEGAL REPORTER. // Assessment Journal;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p63
Provides information on several issues regarding valuation and taxation of properties. Method of obtaining a commercial interstate allocation; Details on taxpayer entitled to a refund; Discussion on a petition for review of a final determination of the tax commission.
- Minnesota mails tax rebates. // State Government News;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p6
Provides information on the tax rebates in Minnesota. Details on the state surplus.