- SCHOLASTIC News Vol. 80 No.3, Sept. 19, 2011. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6 (Teacher's Edition);9/19/2011, Vol. 80 Issue 3, pT1
The article presents a lesson plan for primary education which teaches about endangered animals and about cause and effect.
- Reading/Language Arts: Endangered or Threatened Animals Research -- It's about Strategies. Vanneman, Susan // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Sep2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
Presents a lesson plan about endangered or threatened animals research. Library media skills objectives; Curriculum objectives; Instructional roles; Activity and procedures for completion.
- SCHOLASTIC News TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 72 No. 9, November 30, 2009. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);11/30/2009, Vol. 72 Issue 9, pT1
The article presents lesson plans for elementary education which teach concepts about helping U.S. troops, weather forecasting and threatened species through reading and activities.
- Junior Scholastic TEACHER'S EDITION VOL. 109 NO. 13, FEBRUARY 26, 2007. McCabe, Suzanne // Junior Scholastic (Teacher's Edition);2/26/2007, Vol. 109 Issue 13, pT-1
The article presents resources and lesson plans for teachers. The article cites some books and Web sites on various topics including endangered species, figures and events in Europe in the Early Middle Ages and life of the Quechua Indians in Peru. Readings and various activities related to these...
- SCHOLASTIC NEWS Teacher's Edition Vol. 64 No. 6, October 22, 2007. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3 (Teacher's Edition);10/22/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p1
This section presents a teacher's guide to various topics that fall under elementary curriculum. Some of the subjects covered include endangered species and wildlife protection, geography of foreign countries, earth science, similarities and differences between crocodiles and alligators,...
- SCHOLASTIC News TEACHER'S EDITION, Vol. 66 No. 2 September 14, 2009. Greenberg, Glenn // Scholastic News -- Edition 3 (Teacher's Edition);9/14/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 2, pT1
The article presents activity programs designed to teach school children on how hunting has placed some shark species on near extinction, about the U.S. Constitution and about the appointment of Sonia Sotomayor as the first Hispanic Supreme Court justice.
- freebies. // NYSUT United;Sep2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p35
The article offers information on the free educational materials for teachers and students in New York. The Save the Manatee Club provides bookmarks, fact sheets and activities about endangered manatees. Lesson plans on pest management for K-3 and 4-6 students are offered by the company Orkin...
- Less-endangered species. // Scholastic SuperScience;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p3
Forecasts the comeback and decline of select endangered species within the next twenty years in the United States. Reason for initial decline and ultimate comeback of manatees; Reason for decline of ferrets and toads.
- Animal Rescues. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Feb2007, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p2
The article discusses how people helped several endangered animals in the U.S., including the American alligator, the gray wolf and the bald eagle.