Know when to use different Medicare fee schedules
- Medigap Insurance Lacking... // Journal of Financial Planning;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p29
Reveals the results of a survey on the number of Medicare beneficiaries in the United States from 1994 to 1998. Statistics on beneficiaries enrolling in managed care plans; Where the gap is more pronounced.
- Estimates of Dual and Full Medicaid Benefit Dual Enrollees, 1999. Baugh, David K. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p133
Provides information on the estimates of Medicare and Medicaid enrollees and the subpopulation of dual enrollees who receive full Medicaid benefits. Dual enrollees who may receive full Medicaid benefits; Steps involved in the Medicaid MAX data; Factors that can cause the potential for...
- Supplemental Health Insurance. Hogue, Robert D. // Insurance Advocate;09/18/99, Vol. 110 Issue 37, p44
Focuses on supplemental health insurance. Number of people in the United States who are without insurance coverage; Market for supplemental health insurance; Details on the decline of Medicare health maintenance organizations.
- More Medicare turmoil ahead for patients. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;11/13/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p10
Reports that a group of hospitals and medical groups has notified Pima County, Arizona, residents of the changes they can expect in 2001 for the Medicare system. Adjustments that Medicare recipients will have to make in order to bridge the gap in services; Pullout of Cigna and United from Pima...
- Medicare isn't going away. Tieman, Jeff // Modern Healthcare;5/19/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p24
Offers a look at the problems facing Medicare in the U.S. as of May 2003. Changes in the coverage of Medicare; Outlook on Medicare utilization; Challenges facing Medicare panelists in relation to improving the quality of federal health programs.
- Will my private contracts come back to haunt me? Self, Don // Geriatrics;Nov97, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p92
Deals with Medicare-related questions. HCFA regulation on physician fee; His advises in using a referring physicians UPIN; Are nonambulance transportation service by the physician to their Medicare patient can be reimbursed by Medicare
- New provider number needed for physician assistant. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Mar2001, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p72
Addresses several Medicare-related questions. Need for a physician assistant to apply for a Medicare provider number; Details on the reciprocal billing arrangement; Medicare invoices for a coding seminar; Validity of Medicare billing for phone consultations.
- EDITOR's NOTE. Metz, Donald E. // Health Affairs;2007 Supplement, Vol. 26, pvii
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Juliette Cubanski and Patricia Neuman on medicare, and another by Michael Chernew on value-based health insurance design.
- Means-Test Process For Medicare Prescription Drugs Seen Creating Major Barrier For Millions of Elderly. // Insurance Advocate;5/12/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p4
Discusses a means-tested application process for a Medicare prescription drug benefit in the U.S. that has major enrollment barriers. Structure of the nation's health program; Details of the prescription drug benefit.
- Medicare Regulations--Judicial Review--Bowen v. Michigan Academy of Family Physicians. // American Journal of Law & Medicine;1986, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p162
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court not to bar the judicial review of a regulation to authorize the payment of benefits under part B of the Medicare program. Benefit of patients dissatisfied with the payment scheme; Approval of certiorari in favor of respondents on statutory...