Phono-spectrographic analysis of heart murmur in children
- THE ASYMPTOMATIC CHILD WITH A HEART MURMUR. Franklin, Rodney; Slavik, Zdenek // Pulse;5/7/2008, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p36
The article presents a case of the asymptomatic child with a heart murmur which is the most frequent paediatric cardiology problem. According to a report, up to 90% of children if carefully screened will be found to have a murmur at some point during their development. The author also presented...
- Small Atrial Septal Defect associated with Physiologic Splitting of the Second Heart Sound. Pilapil, Virgilio R.; Zipes, Douglas P. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan1971, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p18
This article focuses on two patients who underwent cardiac catheterization to establish the diagnosis. A 12-year old girl was examined for a heart murmur detected during a routine school screening by phonocardioscan. A grade II/VI systolic ejection murmur was noted at the second left...
- The Innocent (Functional) Cardiac Murmurs of Childhood. Friedman, Sidney // Clinical Pediatrics;Feb1965, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p77
The article deals with innocent cardiac murmurs. It have been estimated to be present in 20 to 40 per cent of healthy children. Two main categories of such benign murmurs are recognized: the mid-precordial musical murmur or the twanging-string murmur of Still and the ejection type of basal...
- Murmurs, fainting, chest pain: Time for a cardiology referral? Brumund, Michael R.; Strong, William B. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p155
Reviews findings in the history and physical examination of children with murmurs, chest pain and syncope that suggest an underlying cardiac abnormality. Association between murmurs and structural heart disease; Characteristics of a murmur; Most common causes of pathologic heart murmurs.
- Do Parents Need to Know More About Innocent Murmurs? Scanlon, John W. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan1971, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p23
This article attempts to discover what parents want to know about heart murmurs in their child and what they actually do understand. In the initial survey, 78 per cent of the parents did not know what a murmur was. Thirty-five per cent thought a murmur was a rhythm disturbance and 20 per cent...
- Heartening news. Lee, Michelle // Baby Talk;Sep2002, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p16
Presents information on heart murmur among babies. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Causes; Treatment.
- Dr. Computer Checks for Dangerous Heart Murmurs. // Prevention;Jan2002, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p112
Discusses the development of a computer-driven detection system that can distinguish serious heart murmurs from healthy heart sounds in children.
- Some Thoughts About Functional or Innocent Murmurs. Friedman, Sidney // Clinical Pediatrics;Dec1973, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p678
Discusses the issues about functional or innocent heart murmurs in children. Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease; Importance of the proper analysis and interpretation of the murmurs produced; Negative effects of misinterpreting a functional murmur as a heart disease; Advice to...
- Heart murmurs. // Pediatrics for Parents;1998, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
Explains the possible causes of heart murmurs in children. Percentage of children who may have a heart murmur at some time during their lives; Signs that may indicate a pathologic murmur; Congestive heart failure as a sign of a pathologic heart murmur; Importance of proper diagnosis.