Another Microcap, This Time Oil/Gas, Eyes Alternatives
- Tiny Goodrich Petroleum May Sell Oil and Gas Assets. Leibs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;08/30/99, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p4
Reports that Goodrich Petroleum Corp. (GPC) is seeking improved liquidity, which may result in the sale of certain oil and gas properties. Share price of the company; Potential bidders; Comments from Peter Ricchiuti of Burkenroad Reports on GPC wells; Losses of the company.
- Maverick sells local interest. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;3/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the sale of interests of Maverick Oil & Gas Inc. in the Barnett Shale properties in Wise County, Texas. The company did not reveal the buyer of the properties at the request of the purchaser. Since the company's only stake is its interest in the Wise County properties, the...
- Oil: Yukos Output Uninterrupted As Asset Sale Nears. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, Ukraine & Baltics;Nov2004, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p2
The article discusses the oil price situation in Russia. Russian oil and gas condensate output reached a post-Soviet high of 9.43mn barrels/day (b/d) in September. Several western oil majors already have significant investments in the country: the UK's BP has already ruled itself out of...
- Shell says considering sale of some Italian downstream assets. // Energy Today (Hungary);04/16/2013, p4
The article reports that a sale of some of its Italian downstream assets is being considered by oil company Royal Dutch Shell as part of its strategy to focus more on the most competitive aspects of the business.
- Northern Petroleum is considering the sale of its operations in the Netherlands. // World Energy News;3/22/2013, p7
The article reports that the sale of the Netherlands operations is being considered by Northern Petroleum.
- EXXON-MOBIL TO REMAIN IN IRELAND DESPITE US SALE. // Checkout;Jul2008, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the decision of Exxon Mobil Corp. to retain its Esso brand in Ireland despite the declining margin of its forecourt business in the U.S. The Exxon-Mobil claims that the sales of its U.S. Shell brand will not happened to the Esso in Ireland and have no implications either...
- MENA Hydrocarbons announced negotiations for sale or merger; determined to not proceed with share consolidation. // World Energy News;7/22/2014, p1
The article reports on the non-binding negotiations by the international oil and gas company MENA Hydrocarbons Inc. for the potential sale or merger of the company with respect to its assets in Egypt, and its decision of not proceeding to obtain shareholder approval to consolidate its share.
- Delays To Romania Reform. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/12/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p15
Reports on the postponement of the planned sale of oil firm SNP Petrom by the Romanian government from March to June 2004. Implication of the delay for the International Monetary Fund; Concern over the pace of the economic reform process in the country.
- What a difference a year makes. Reid, Keith // National Petroleum News;Apr2007, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p4
The author reflects on the business-related issues that still continued in 2007 from the previous years in the U.S. The issues he mentioned include the transition of major oil companies away from retailing and the sell-offs of sites. He stated that the recent round of sell-offs certainly...