Transport Seeking Stimulus
- Major Infrastructure Developments And Key Projects. // China Infrastructure Report;Q2 2009, p27
The article offers information on the infrastructure developments and projects in China. It examines the developments in the transportation industry in the country, including the creation of a Transport Ministry, the centralization of the control of the road, water and air sectors and the plan...
- New And Ongoing Projects. // China Infrastructure Report;Q2 2009, p45
The article offers updates on the infrastructure industry in China. It highlights the developments in areas, such as airports, road and railroad networks. These include the CNY10 billion investment of China Southern Air Holding for the construction of a terminal at Liaoning's Shenyang Taoxian...
- Northern Ticket Hall now in business. // Rail Business Intelligence;12/10/2009, Issue 356, p2
The article reports that the process of upgrading the London Underground station at King's Cross St Pancras has been completed.
- Kuwait and Saudi Arabia lift index. FOREMAN, COLIN // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/2/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 35, p25
The article reports that strong growth in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia has pushed up the Gulf projects index by 0.26% to 3.46 trillion dollars for the week ended August 29, 2011. Kuwait's growth came from the launch of six new projects, of which five will be developed by Kuwait's Public Authority for...
- Interest soars in Suez Canal Zone project. SPONG, REBECCA // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/18/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the increasing interest in the Suez Canal expansion project following the presentation of the project masterplan at the Egypt Economic Development Conference (EEDC) in Sharm el-Shefkh, Egypt.
- Who's watching over Crossrail's design? Hurst, Will // Building Design;2/1/2008, Issue 1804, p8
The article reports on a Â£16 billion project to join east and west London, England by high-speed rail link. It reveals that doubts remain as to the project's architectural quality. The project has been hailed as the key to London's development over the coming years and as a project that will...
- Chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // UAE Business Forecast Report;2012 2nd Quarter, Issue 2, p13
The article presents the economic outlook for United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 2012 to 2021, wherein strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis reveals that delay of high-profile construction projects has the potential to affect future economic development.
- Sault's north end drives growth. Ross, Ian // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p19
The article features the city development in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario through its construction activity. It plans to add a new Sault Area Hospital which is the city's biggest ever institutional project that opens in 2010 with 1,700 employees. Moreover, the total estimated projects costs $988...
- Mega Deals Propel Chicagoland's Gradual Industrial Recovery. Mattson-Teig, Beth // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;7/5/2012, p1
The article reports on the industrial recovery in Chicago, Illinois propelled by development projects. Estimates by Marcus & Millichap indicate the area of specification and built-to-suit development that is slated for completion in 2012. Construction activity is driven by demand from larger,...