- Gun control takes aim at fall election. Kiefer, Francine // Christian Science Monitor;3/10/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 75, p2
Focuses on the role of gun control as an issue in the 2000 United States presidential race.
- WHAT FOLLOWS PUTTING REASON IN ITS PLACE? "NOW VEE MAY PERHAPS TO BEGIN. YES?". Levinson, Sanford // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Apr2003, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p1371
Comments on issues on gun control. Relationship between cultural norms and substantive positions to the issue of gun control; Dimensions of politics involving in the issue of gun control; Criticism against the term liberalism from cultural views.
- Like all liberal positions, leftist dogma on gun control is inconsistent. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/08/99, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p22
Points out the inconsistencies in the liberal arguments of leftists for gun control in the United States. Belief of liberals that ordinary people cannot be trusted to look out for themselves and needs supervision of other people through government regulations; Inevitability of accidental deaths...
- Bush loosens restrictions on guns. Marlantes, Liz // Christian Science Monitor;8/2/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 174, p2
Reports that the administration of United States President George W. Bush has taken steps to halt or amend gun control measures which it considers too restrictive.
- Time to Explore the Bradley Myth. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;12/27/99, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p14
Evaluates the politics of United States Democrat presidential candidate Bill Bradley. Views on America's defense spending; Perspective on domestic issues; Liberalism in the gun control issue; Reputation in the Senate as a proponent of tax reform; Stance on cultural issues.
- The Wondrous Conversion of Dubya. Ivins, Molly // Progressive;Jul2000, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p46
Comments on the status of gun control in the United States as of July 2000. Role of politics in gun deaths; Update on the implementation of handgun law in Texas.
- More liberal demagoguery about guns. Hale, Duff // Ellis County Press;1/17/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p3
The article offers the author's insights on the argument on gun control in the U.S. and wrong descriptions for various weaposn used by the left.
- Filibuster corrupts democracy. WILLIAMS, JUAN // Hill;4/22/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p19
The article argues against the threats of filibuster for the failure of democrats and gun control in the U.S.
- Gun control opponents to sue, not seek referendum. // Hill;4/22/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p11
The article reports that opponents of the gun-control law in Maryland plans to file a lawsuit instead of filing a petition to referendum.