Choice for savvy customers
- Selection-choices increasing. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p126
Observes the growing range of vegetarian and heart-healthy choices being offered in United States employee cafeterias. Includes vegetable lasagna; Grill-marked tofu; Vegetable-filled calzones; Margarita pizza; Stuffed potatoes; Portobello mushrooms; Fresh fish; Grilled vegetable tacos.
- Options that fill the bill. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p128
Cites the vegetarian selections being offered in some American hospitals and healthcare facilities. Includes Indian dish called lentil dahl; Tofu stir-fry; Penne pasta; Linguine with pesto; Black bean casserole; Broccoli bake incorporating rice; Artichoke; Vegetable lasagna; Salmon; Pizza and...
- THE VALLEY HOSPITAL. // All Animals;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p29
The article offers information on Meatless Monday at food service hospital Dawn Cascio which is inspired by Healthy Kitchens, Healthy Lives conference in New Jersey wherein various menus were served including Asian lettuce wraps, black bean quesadillas, and wheat berry.
- Understand customer needs. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p108
Focuses on strategies for food service businesses in the United States for creating profitable vegetarian menus. Importance of understanding the food habits of vegetarian consumers; Value of the market segment. INSET: A Vegetarian glossary.
- Green Gourmet. Berriman, Mark // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Winter2003, p65
Features the restaurant Green Gourmet which serves vegetarian dishes. Interior decoration; Culinary specialties; Simplicity of ingredients and a variety of textures.
- Vegetarian cross-over. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p147
Reports on food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menu offerings. Increasing number of vegetarian meals in colleges; Operators' experimentation with more ethnic vegetarian-based recipes; Redesign of traditional plant-based recipes to lower fat; Vegetarian offerings from...
- More recipes being tested. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p148
Reports on food service operators' experimentation with vegetarian dishes. Creation of ethnic cuisine-inspired cookery; PERSPECTIVES/The Consulting Group chef Russell Scott's suggestions on vegetable cookery; `Vegetarian Day' event at the Ikea store in Baltimore, Maryland; Indian dish offerings...
- Ignore vegetarians at your peril, study warns operators. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/25/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4729, p7
The article reports that vegetarians in Great Britain account for 2.5 billion pounds of food eaten outside the home each year, and failure to provide good service to vegetarians may cost the food service industry 1.8 billion pounds, according to a study by the Vegetarian Society.
- ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD. NATALIE // Vegetarian Times;Sep2011, Issue 387, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Munching on the Move,' which appeared in the July/August 201 issue.